٥

Picture of Asaad to the top ^^

Some days I'm happy,
Some days I'm sad,
And then I'm happy again,
And in between happy and sad.
I'm ordinary and unpredictable,
Fierce and kind,
Unkempt and clumsy,
Unsure and determined,
Extremely chatty and unusually quiet,
Insecure and confident,
And so many things I can't remember the words for.
I don't think I can define myself .
~Silentintuition_

الحام

Elham's POV

"Everything's been fine Alhamdulillah. And you?" I asked him as I sprawled on my bed. This was our tradition every Sunday ,ever since him and his family moved out of the country. We'd make sure to video call each other for hours talking about random stuff that happened throughout the week. He ran his hand through his curly hair and smiled.

"I've been great! And it seems like you've been too" I yawned.

"Yeah. I guess"

"So anyways, Imaan told me about this new guy that's falling for you"

Hehe, falling for me? How hilarious.

"I'm pretty sure she exaggerated the whole thing" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Your crimson red cheeks say otherwise" he said, causing me to blush harder.

But really, why was I even blushing.

He waggled his eyebrows causing me to burst into laughter. "Sufy stop it!" I said shyly. "Seriously, it's not what Imaan made it look like" I pouted.

Apart from Imaan,  My other very close friend, a best friend even, was Sufyan Abdel-Muhaymeen or as I called him 'Sufy'. He used to be my next door neighbor. Our mothers were very close. Sometimes they'd tease us saying we were gonna end up being married and all. I never believed that though. What I knew though, was he was someone I could always count on. We weren't always together but when we were, I felt safe, I felt loved, I felt important. Unfortunately, that stopped when they left the neighborhood during our middle school. They had moved to Pakistan for some reasons that were unknown to anyone.

It was one of the worst moments of my life. I was young, but I knew the connection I had with Sufyan was just somehow irreplaceable. I cried sometimes, threw tantrums and begged ummi to take me just to pay him and his family a visit but it never happened. And with time, I realized that Sufyan was gone and it hurt badly. I thought his absence was going to affect our friendship but as the years passed by, nothing really changed except that he was only physically absent. We'd talk for hours on the phone till we both slept off.

All three of us were best friends. Imaan, Sufy and I But I knew for some reasons, Sufy and I were closest to each other.
Imaan was a good friend and all but if I had to choose a favorite between the two of them, I knew who it was.

He cleared his throat, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I swear to God, the next time you zone out while I'm talking to you, I'll break up with you and find a new bestie"

"You dare not" I narrowed my eyes playfully.

"I sense jealousy" he said in a sing-song voice.

"Pfft! I have no reason to be jealous Sufy, do you know how many people are dying to talk to me?"

"Yeah right. Says the girl with only two friends" he stated.

Okay,ouch. That hurt a lot.