Chapter 5: WereCat

Unedited-feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 5: Werecat

*Aubrey's POV*

I looked up at her as my mouth dropped open.

Oh. My. God.

I opened my mouth and then closed it and then opened it again, looking for the right thing to say.

She starts talking first.

"What are you doing here?" she sneers at me.

I gave her a look, "What are you doing here?"

She looked at me and crossed her arms over her chest, "You first."

I rolled my eyes, "Really, 'you first'? What are we five?"

She sighs and said, "I was following you."

I feel my eyebrows furrow together, "Why were you following me?"

"To see what you were doing."

I raised my eyebrows, "Why?" I asked again.

"Because everyone thinks your a serial killer and I wanted to see where you were going."

I have her a look as if to say 'are you kidding me'?

I shook my head and let out a bark of a laugh that really held no humor in at all, "Are you really that dense to follow a serial killer out to the woods? They could kill you!"

She scrunched up her nose and said, "So you're not the killer?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "No, otherwise I would have killed you by now."

This is weird. This girl may be a sporty but sportys aren't ridiculously stupid.

I pursed my lips and said, "What is the other reason you're out here?"

"What?" she asked and I could smell fear drafting off her.

Bingo.

"What is the other reason you're out here?"

I saw her chew on her bottom lip and then she gave me a sigh of exasperation and said, "I'm not feeling so hot today, ok?"

I narrowed my eyes at her and she continued.

"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anybody," she said.

I snorted at her, "Who am I going to tell?"

She inclined her head and then nodded pleased with the fact that I was an Other and nobody would believe me anyways.

"It's just.... I've missed my period lately.. and.. I haven't had sex either, and I don't know what's wrong, and I'm absolutely freaking out because I can't tell my Mom, or my friends because I'll either get yelled at or people will call me a whore."

I opened my mouth and shut it again. Why did she have to dump her life story on me?

"And there's that, but there's also this feeling in my stomach; and it hurts, and I'm getting hot flashes, and I can sit in class and all of a sudden I'm hot, itchy, and I feel like I'm going to puke, and I have NO IDEA what it is."

That sounds really familiar.

"Do you just want to get up and run? And does your skin feel numb like there's something growing on it, but when it itches your fingers feel like feathers and you can't itch it at all?" I asked her, desperate for her to say no, for her to call me a freak, to tell me anything other then what I was thinking and for that matter dreading.