Chapter 8: My Queen

Unedited- feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 8: My Queen

*Aubrey's POV*

I swallowed as I realized this Deputy was asking about murders.

Just keep calm, I thought, she won't notice a thing.

So that's what I did.

"So," the Deputy repeated, "do you girls know who I am talking about?"

I swallowed and shook my head no along with the others.

I heard the Deputy sigh, "Are you sure? Rumor has it that you guys knew her from a different county."

"Rumor from who," Elizabeth asked rudely getting a glare from me and a kick from Nina who was sitting next to her.

The Deputy pursed her lips and said, "I'm not sure it was anonymous."

We waited in silence and the Deputy continued, "Well I will tell you what I know. There are three girls murdered in a woods that connects to your back property, I have anonymous phone calls pointing me toward you and none of this stuff happened until you folks showed up."

Damn I couldn't argue with this lady.

But in our defense this still would of happened Joseph came here and fed on people because... he's a killer for hire and probably is hunting us... Damn...Well.... Damn.

I hate people.

And for that matter vampires.. and scientists..

You know what? I hate things!

People just... Piss. Me. Off.

"I can assure you we would never harm the people here-" Karen started.

"I'm not saying you killed them. You people don't exactly look like a merry little family that would go out and kill people for god knows what reason. I'm just saying.. Do you know anyone who may have some sort of grudge against you, or somebody who would try to pin murder on you," The Deputy said shaking her head in frustration.

"No... we just moved here... and we stay out of others ways... we havent had time to make friends let alone the time it takes to make enemies," Rae snorted from the couch.

I inclined my head. She had a point.

"Well," she said getting up, "I'm sorry to trouble you-"

She was cut off from the loudest most ear piercing sound I have ever heard in my life.

I clutched onto my ears, and groaned in pain. I gasped and looked up to see the others looking at me in confusion.

Surely they could hear it.

Nope. There face were all looking at me in confusion. What the hell?

Suddenly Maya ran into the room clutching her own ears and told Karen, "MOMMY MAKE THE SOUND STOP!"

I coughed my agreement as the ringing continued in my ears.

At this point I was wreathing on the floor. The ringing sound was unbearable.

I felt liquid come on my hands. It was my ears bleeding.

"STOP!" I screamed.

And then the ringing stopped.

I clutched onto my head as I let out a shaky breath.

I looked over to Maya who had blood trickling down the side of her ear.