Meeting Her Parents (Chapter 14)

Erika's POV:
We stayed at Ohio for a week. I met his parents and both his parents had a family dinner so I got to meet his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. Jake showed me some of his favorite places. I had an amazing time. We were leaving tomorrow and he told me to look for tickets. But I didn't book them to LA...
E-  Jake I have a surprise for you...
J- Tell me!
E- okay well I booked tickets for us but instead of to LA I booked them to Michigan!!
J- ...
E- what's wrong? Do you not want to go...
J- No I want to go! I'm just nervous.
E- are you scared to meet me parents?
J- yeah kinda
Erika looked down
E- I understand you being nervous but can you try to get along with my parents? My mom you should get along fine with her but my dad will be...difficult
J- I'll do my best
E- okay thank you
J- no problem
Erika's POV:
I called my parents and told them that we are coming. They said they are going to plan a family dinner/welcome home party with all of my extended family so they could all meet Jake and see for me for the first time in a while. I told Jake and when I told him he tensed up. I comforted him. I couldn't blame him for being nervous. That night I told Jake some tips to get along with my dad. We both packed then got into bed. I was tired and cold. I snuggled up next to Jake and laid my head on his chest while I wrapped my arms around him.
Jakes POV:
In the morning we said goodbye to my dad and my mom took us to airport. We said goodbye and got onto the plane. It was only a little less than an hour flight. So I just talked to Erika and listened to music during the flight. When we arrived I remembered that her parents were picking us up from the airport. I was so nervous.
J- ily baby
E- ilyt Jakey
We grabbed our luggage then walked out of the airport. We walked over to her parents
A- Angel (Erika's Mom) D- Dennis (Erika's Dad) E- Erika J- Jake
E- Hi Mom! Hi Dad!
A & D- Hi!!
Erika hugged them
J- Hi it's nice to meet you!
He shook hands with Angel and Dennis
D- Hi.
A- Hi!!