one

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only in Italic, thoughts}

The time my dreams came true, was the summer of 1963.
My dreams of flight, soared around me.

Name was Johnny Castle, he was the reason I soared. I was the reason he loved.

My father, Hugh Josephs, oh- he was the sun to me. He was everything I wished I would be.
Smart, happy, fulfilled with life.

"Marina? Are you listening to me?" My mother shouted, and I blinked a few times, and looked at her.

"Hugh? How did we have such a beautiful daughter, but with her head in the clouds?" My mother complained, and I just rolled my eyes.

I looked back out of my window, as our destination appeared closer.

"Marina, Marin. Before we reach your mother way of confinement."

"Hugh!" My mother shoved my fathers arm, and he chuckled. My brother glanced at me, and he looked back at our father.

"Let's sing. For old times sake." He asked, and my brother groaned in annoyance.

"Why?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes and leaned forward on my father's seat.

{Mother; plain
Father; bold
Marina; italic
Marin; underlinded
All or others; bold}

'Big girls'
'Don't cry-I-I'
'They don't cry'
'Big girls don't cry'

My mother sang, and Marin nudged my elbow.

"You sing, I sing." He said, and I shook my head.

"Nice try." I replied, and my father began to sing.

'My girl'
'Didn't cry'
'I wonder why'

"Come on." Marin pushed, and I sang a line.

'Silly boy'
'Told my girl we had to break up'
'Silly boy'
'But she said to my surprise'
'Big girls don't cry'

My father slowed to a park, as we stopped in front of the park, Keitman's. Formally known as Kellerman's.

My eyes took in the view of the mountains, the trees. Marin quickly exited along with the rest of my family. His eyes scanning every woman's, and I rolled my eyes again.

"Doc!" A elder man yelled from ahead, and approached towards my father. I rounded the car to stand with them.

"Martin!" My father yelled back and the men hugged. I moved around and pulled Marin with me. We walked towards the trunk, and opened it slowly.

"What are we going to do this summer?" I asked him and he just shrugged as he turned to follow a passing lady.

I smacked the back of his head, and he turned in protest.

"What'd you do that for?" He asked and rubbed the back of his head.

"Twin-tuition. I can feel the way you stare at them, perv." I said to him and he scoffed and playfully shoved me.

"Billy! Get the bags!" Martin yelled, as a man walked towards us.

"Excuse me." He said, and Marin happily moved away. I grabbed my typewriter case, and sat it on the ground lightly.

"Hey, thanks. You wanna job?" He asked, and I gave him a smile.

"I saved my best cabin suite for you. Three rooms, personal bathrooms. The works." Martin said, as I held my typewriter case and walked up to them.

"Is this the little 'Dove' you used to tell me about years ago?" Martin asked and held out his hand. I gave him a firm hand shake, and my father smiled.

"Yes, Dove here is going to NYC in the future. Marin has yet to decide but he still has time." Marin rolled his eyes at my father, and I quickly grabbed his hand.

"What number is our cabin?" I chirped in, and Martin smiled.

"Number 37, my dea--"

I sprinted down the way, with Marin keeping up as we ran to the rooms.

We shoved into the cabin, and his jaw dropped.

"This is way better than I thought." Marin said, and walked down the hall to the rooms.

"Dove, here's your room. You have a big closet, and the most space. You have a desk to, for your writing so you'll be good." He said and walked to the bedroom across the hall.

"This place is going to be great. And Mom's and dad's room is away from ours so we can sneak out." He said, and walked back to my room.

"Awesome." I said, and joined him on my bed.

I sighed, and opened my typewriter case. Marin knew he was dismissed by the click, and left.

I pulled out my small portable radio, and sat it out on the desk. I slid my journals on the little shelf attached at the top of the desk.

My pencils sat next to them, and I pulled out my bag of paper for the writer.

I smiled and clicked the radio on.

'Now, an oldie." The radio speaker said, and I began to sing.

'Stars shining bright above you'