nine

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only for thoughts; italic}

I slipped on my fishnet leggings slowly, and I adjusted my skirt. I stared at myself in the mirror, as I stuffed the edge of my top into the skirt.

"I look like yourself." Marin said, quietly as he leaned against my door.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and he moved to stand behind me.

"You look different. You look peaceful." He said, and I turned to face him.

"Did you take it into consideration?" I asked, and he sat on my bed. His hands moved to cover his face, I sat quietly next to him.

"Yeah. But I don't know if its a good idea." He said quieter, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"It may not be the best. But its what you want. And I want you to be happy. No matter what everyone else thinks."

I stood slowly and grabbed my sweater, I slid it on and buttoned it on.

"There's the shy shell I love to see." Marin said sarcastically, as he stood and changed the subject.

"Well, I am going to learn to dance. I couldn't dance a jig, to save your life." I said, and he gave me a small smile.

---

I opened the door to the studio, and my eyes stopped at a fuming back.

I sunk my head low, and tried to slowly close the door.

"Where have you been? It does not take an hour to get anywhere!" Johnny yelled, and  walked up to me.

I slid a piece of hair behind my ear, and stayed looking down.

"Dove?!" He yelled, and I quickly looked up at him.

"God, if you won't take your lesson seriously I'll---"

"You'll what?!" I yelled back and stood straight, my eyes finally looking to his.

"I gave Penny the money to help. I don't expect anything in return. I can't dance. I wish I could but I can't. So you want to leave, leave!" I yelled, and shoved him back. I turned on my heel and walked to the door.

I paused as my hand touched the door.

"And to honor your first question, I was helping my brother make a hard decision." I said, and pushed open the door. I stomped away as I walked out to the woods.

---

I sat in a clearing at the top of one of the hills apart of the hotel. It showed the whole view of the hotel and its guests.

It was peaceful, quite, free from the touch of the hotel. Rustled leaves took her attention, and I stood alertedly.

Johnny stepped out slowly with his hands up in surrender. I scoffed and sat back down.

"I had no business asking where you were. I was just angry for you making me wait. I'm sorry." He said, and sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry I freaked out." I replied in return and he smirked.

"What?" I asked, and glanced at him.

"At least I know what gets you out of your shell." He said, and stood hurriedly. He held his hand out to me, and I nervously looked at him.

"Come on. We'll take it slow." He said, and I slowly slid my hand in his.

He pulled me up quickly, and I stumbled into him. He curled his lips together to keep from laughing.

"Let's take slow steps the basics, of the mambo. I am the leader, and you follow me. Okay?" He said, and I gave him a nod.

Johnny took a step back, and I took one forward. He smiled, and took one forward. I repeated the step, and he fixed my arm structure.

"Keep your arm steady, this is your dance space. This is mine. Now let's try the steps again." He said, and helped me to settle my hands.

"1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 1-"

I took a step and stepped on his foot.

"Ah! No, on the second two. Not one. Try again." He said, and I nodded and stayed silent. He counted again and I stepped on the two.

He smirked, as we went back and forth. All I knew was once he knew I was more comfortable with the front and back. That his foot was going to be sore from the missteps.