thirteen

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only for thoughts; italic}

Johnny slowly pulled up to the staff cabins, and switched off the engine. I stared at him, and he looked at me.

He leaned forward slightly, and I did the same, glancing between his eyes and lips. Johnny licked his lips, and moved closer. I closed my eyes, and his breath fanned on my face lightly.

*Bang, bang*

"Johnny! Come on, its Penny!" Billy yelled at us, and we quickly jumped out of the car.

"Penny what is it?" Johnny yelled as he ran past me into her cabin. I quickly walked in, and paused next to Billy.

"Penny, come on." Johnny said, he held her hand tightly and laid his hand against her forehead.

"Jesus." He sighed, and held her hand.

"I heard her screaming from the staff building. I swear I tried to get in. I swear. The man had a fucking dirty table and knife." Billy said, and I quickly ran out and towards my cabin.

---

"Excuse me." My father said, as he walked up to Penny.
"Hey, just let me check you." He said, and he grabbed her wrist checking her heart rate. Then her heartbeat, and finally her temperature.

"Are you responsible for her?" My father asked, and he filled syringe for some medicine for her. He slid into her arm, and pulled it away. He grabbed a pair of gloves, and shoved the syringe in.

He sat it on the ground and smashed it, the cracking sound filling the quiet room.

"Yes sir." Johnny said, and stepped forward.

"You should be ashamed. Leaving her here, to do another job." My father said, and turned to face me. He threw out the broken syringe and grabbed my arm.

"We're leaving." He said, and I looked back at Johnny. He stared at me, and took a step after me. Billy pushed him back, and gave me a nod.

"I thought I knew you, Marina." He stopped after we were far enough from the staff cabins.

"You are a disappointment. I understand what your mother means now." I slapped him across the face hard, and I pulled my hand back in shock.

"Nice knowing you, Hugh." I said, and walked away in another direction.

----

I stood silently in front of the lake, the moon and stars shinning light down on it.

"Dove?" Billy said, and I turned face him.

"Marina. My name is Marina." I said, and he gave me a big smile.

"So you and Marin are twins?" I nodded, and he stood next to me.

"Did you see us earlier?" He asked, and I nodded again.

"I'm happy for you." I said, and he hugged me. I returned the gesture, and he pulled away.

"You should go see him." Billy said, and I looked at him. He gave me a look, and backed away, leaving me alone.

---

I knocked lightly on Johnny's cabin door. I heard shuffling, and the door pulled open.

He stood in his unbuttoned dress shirt and pants. He backed away so I could enter, and I did slowly.

He walked past me, and stayed facing the opposite direction.

"Your father. He seems like a great guy." Johnny started, and sat down in a chair close to him.

"Not about this, he isn't." I said, and moved in front of him.

"You know, I grew up in a big city. No money, no family, just surviving. At 15-years-old, I was put in prison as an adult. I was locked up for 3 years. I thought stealing cars and selling them was good money at the time. Guess it wasn't." Johnny said, and looked at the ground.

"You gotta leave, Dove. Your father is right. I am a shame, and I wouldn't be good in your life. You have so much going for you, I don't want to be in the way." He said, and I stared at him.

"I want you in my life. You brought out a side in me, I never thought I would feel. Your bring out the me I want I be. Fearless, strong, happy. I'm scared of leaving right now, and never feeling what I feel, when I'm with you." I finished, and he stared at me. His eyes taking in every piece of me.

I breathed deeply, and walked up to him. I held my hand out, and waited for him.

"Will you dance with me, one last time?" I asked, and his hand slowly wove into mine.

I pulled him up, and he grabbed my waist. He pulled me close to his body, and my hands laid onto his biceps.

He stared down at me, as the record changed in the background.

I pushed myself closer to him, and he swayed back and forth. He pushed forward, and I moved backwards.
He leaned forward and I leaned with him. His hands clutching me tightly.

He dipped me slowly, and rubbed his hand down the middle of my chest. He pulled me back up and his hands clasped my face.

I sighed and he pulled me closer, his lips lightly touching mine. I pushed up and our lips connected fully.

He pulled me closer, and my arms wrapped around his neck.
I pulled away, and he gave me a look. I stepped around him, my hands hovering over his skin.

He tilted his head back, and I kissed his shoulders. I turned back to him, and he grabbed my shirt.

He lifted it up slowly, and kissed my collarbone slowly. I gasped, and he lifted me. My bare chest hit his, and he laid me down onto his bed.

I kissed him tenderly, as the record changed in the background again.