fourteen

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only for thoughts; italic}

I slipped into my room quietly, as I quickly redressed. I slipped on my flats, and rushed towards the main house.

I slipped into a chair next to Marine, and he gave me a small smile. I glanced slowly at my father, his eyes stayed far from mine. My mother smirked at me, and I stayed quiet.

"So Marin, are you doing something for the show?" My father asked, and Marin looked surprised at him.

"I might sing. I haven't really decided." He said, and gave me a small glance and my father stood up.

"Come with me." He said, and Marin stood and followed after him.

"I'm so happy he came to his senses." My mother said, and I abruptly stood and glared at her.

"Francis, I'm glad you live off my unhappiness." I said very loudly to embarrass her. She stood along with me and glared as she spoke with the same tone.

"No, you don't get to speak. You're a conniving, heartless, prune, that I would never call my mother." I yelled and she turned a bright red from embarrassment.

I backed away and trudged towards Penny's cabin.

---

I knock lightly on the wall next to the screen door. Penny waving me in from her bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked as I sat next to her bed.
"Good. You just missed your father." Penny said, and smiled up at me.

"Its fine." I said, and she could tell something was wrong.
"Hey, what's goi-"

"Hey Pen-" Johnny paused as his eyes landed on me. I gave myself a subtle nod and stood.

"I'll talk to you later." I said, and left the room without looking at him. I closed the door quickly, and stepped down the small deck.
I took a few steps away and paused as my body wanted to do something else. I took more steps, and paused again as I fought with myself.

"Dove." Johnny's said, as he jogged up behind me. I stayed quiet, as I made my body take a few steps away.

His hand wrapped around my forearm, and it stopped all thought. I glanced to the side to look at him and his eyes pleaded.

"I have to go." I said, and pulled away.

"I can't do this." He said quietly, thinking I wouldn't hear.

"Do what?" I asked, as I turned to face him, anger building in my chest.

"Being with you." He said, and anger steamed from my head like a volcano.

"Sorry, I'm such a damn nuance!" I yelled at him, and furiously walked away.

I stood on the hill and looked back at him. He stared at the ground with no thought about me.

"I hate you!" I screamed down at him, and it got his attention quickly. He began to run up the hill, and I sprinted off away from him.