Chapter 2

I stood with the gang as the black limousine made its way to the Isle, over the water which separated us. "I can't believe you guys are going to a school full of snobs," I say with my arms crossed over my chest, all my weight shifted to one foot. "Aw, jealous cause you don't get to go," Jay teased, nudging me with his elbow. I roll my eyes and smirk, "not likely. I'm just gonna be runnin' on my own again when you guys leave." Evie smiles at me with her beautifully white teeth, "don't worry (y/n). You still have Uma and the other boys." I suck my teeth, "yeah, that makes me feel ten times better." Mal steps up in front of me with heavy feet, grabbing my chin softly while saying, "don't worry, (y/n). We'll be back for you in no time. Once we get that wand and take down the barrier, everyone on the Isle will be able to roam the lands of Auradon and reek havoc everywhere." I keep my eyes on her as she speaks, listening intently. When she's done, Mal removes her hand, which falls to her side. I nod as I feel a hand on my shoulder. "I don't wanna go as bad as you don't want us to go. Especially if there's dogs there," Carlos says this last part as if he was out of breath. I smile, glancing up at him with a light chuckle, "yeah, because those dogs are rabid pack animals, right?" Carlos's eyes widen slightly as he looks down at me, grip tightening around my shoulders, "don't joke like that, man!" We all share a light laugh as the limousine comes to a stop. I sigh as Carlos hugs me, eyes still on the limousine. "Listen, we'll be back before you know it. I promise," his voice is oddly comforting. "I don't trust a promise from people on the Isle. But, I hope you're right," I hug him back briefly before letting go. Carlos pulls away with a toothy grin before reluctantly walking to the limo. Jay was really excited as he pat me on the head. I exchanged smiles with my best friend before he jogged off and began to fight Carlos while getting in the long black car. Mal and Evie just waved to me as they climbed in. I nod as the car pulls out.