Chapter 8

Harry and I had arrived at the dirty restaurant about thirty minutes ago, now we sit, listening to the outraged Uma. The two of them watched silently as Uma ranted, stomping here and there, flipping chairs, pushing people, and even throwing trays of food at people. I sighed, whispering to Harry in a quick and hushed voice, "I've never seen her so angry before." Harry chuckled, laying his head on his arms, which were crossed on the table, "she's something else when she's like this." I nod in agreement, rising silently from the table. "Where do you think you're going," Harry asked as he sat up. I wave him off, pointing towards Uma as I slip out the door. 'Why... of all times. Why would you come back now,' I thought, walking hurriedly through the street. My mind was set on heading towards the old bunker, something telling me that's where Mal would be. Especially since it was so late. I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't even noticed how fast I was walking. As I began to slow my pace, I realized that I was already at the bunker's entrance. I swallowed dryly, butterflies beginning to form in my stomach as I ascended into the main building. Whenever I opened the door, I seen a girl with fresh and vibrant purple hair going through the stack of letters sent to me by Carlos. Awkwardly, I shuffled inside, closing the door. "Uh... hey, Mal," my voice was weak and powerless as she glares up at me. However, as quick as the expression came, it left without a trace as a smile spread across her face, "(y/n), how are you?" Mal sat the letters down and slinked across the room, wrapping her arms around me. She pulled back, hands on my shoulders, "you look... great!" I shuddered away from Mal, a sudden anger overcoming me, "yeah, I would look even better if I was over in Auradon." Mal looked taken aback before answering, "he's begged the head of the school to accept you, you know." I snapped back, "no, I don't know, because they still haven't came and got me." Anger flashed in Mal's eyes, "you would if you read all those stupid letters he wrote to you. What? Too busy running errands? Yeah, right. All you have is time in this worthless place." Before Mal could carry on, I growled, "if it's so worthless, then why are you back? Here. You had everything! I hate you for it, you know? But... deep down... I'm... happy? For you. It's better for me to forget about anything I had with you guys, because it only makes me hate all of you even more." Everything just rolled out. All my feelings in one jumbled mess of words. Mal puckered her lips and nodded slowly as she processed what I now don't remember saying. "Then take my place at Auradon. Be with Carlos... you still have feelings for him. Don't you," Mal cocked her head to the side quizzically. I stood there for a moment, dumbfounded by her question. 'Do I,' I thought to myself. I began to reminisce on all the times I had spent with Carlos. And Jay. And Evie. And Mal. I looked passed Mal to the back wall where Jay had spray-painted the words "Love birds" in really fancy font. It was the night I had fallen asleep on Carlos's shoulder watching a movie, but did that really matter now?

Author's note:
How do you feel? Do you really love Carlos? Or are you having second thoughts? You get to choose. Comment down below what route you want me to write first, Harry, or Carlos? I'll check them this Saturday, I promise.

Author's apologies:
Alright... yeah... you can be angry with me. I deserve it. I haven't updated in... forever. There are no excuses. I shouldn't have left the story... or you guys when you are clearly enjoying the story. Yep... go ahead. Rant in the comments.