Chapter 6

Over the past few days, we've been receiving a lot of posters. They were advertising king Ben's coronation, as well as the crowning of his queen. I took a little bit of my time to scan over the poster, a slight smirk crossed my lips when I read Mal's name. When a knife flew by my head, embedding into the wood behind the poster where Ben's head was with a thud, I flinch and turn to see a familiar face. "Well, well, well what a pleasant surprise to find you here," his voice was a bit hoarse, but in a satisfying way. "Nico, haven't seen you in a while. How's the Underworld treatin' you," I haven't seen Nico in a long time. Nico is the son of Hades, and future ruler of the Underworld. He pops up every now and then just because he wants to. His hair is jet black, and his skin is grey with a blue tint that radiated like his father's. "Fair, I suppose. And what about you? Still tagging along with Mal and her gang," his feet barely touched the ground as he walked over and pulled his knife out of the wall. His shirt was grey with two black stripes across the chest; he wore a black leather jacket, black jeans, black converses, and a necklace with a skull charm. Nico's eyes were a light brown, almost the shade of honey. "No, actually, they transferred a few months ago to go to Auradon. Of course, you probably knew that already," I knew I couldn't fully trust him, but it was nice to see an old face and talk to someone other than the crew. He looked down and bit his lip with a light chuckle in a sexy way, "yeah, I did." That was something I hated about him. He knew he had great looks, so he abused them to get what he wanted. Acting like a complete jerk if you took notice of it. "How long you planning on stayin'," I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to one foot. "Ah, not long. Father asked me to fetch a few things for him. Well, he asked the servants and I took it upon myself," he combs his hair with his fingers. "Why in the name of Hades would you want to come here rather than your servants," I never understood why this boy did anything. "Well, I was just going to visit a few old friends while I was out," he winked at me and I shook my head with a slight chuckle. "Are you sure you consider me a friend, or someone you have authority over," I joke with him and motion for him to walk with me. "Can I answer that the way I want to answer that," he asks looking me over playfully. I punch him in the arms and he laughs, "I'm just kidding. Yeah, I'd say you're my friend. Sadly we don't get to spend much time together." I shrug, "I don't think the distance is bad." Nico nods his head in agreement, snatching a couple apples from a fruit stand that we pass. He hands me one and bites into his own. "So, how're you and Harry getting along," he asks as I start to munch on the fruit. "Oh, we've been gettin' along, I guess," I shrug my shoulders and tug at the necklace around my neck. "Hmm... interesting. We never got along," he closed his eyes for a minute as if thinking. As we come across a cross roads, we are met by Harry. Nico and I stopped abruptly as Harry looked him over. He was way taller than Nico, who was only a bit taller than I was. "And what are you doing above ground, Nico," every word was like poison being spit as Harry spoke, especially when he said Nico's name. "Oh, just picking up a few things," he said slipping around Harry. "I wonder what's on that list," he said spitefully, facing him. Nico smirked devilishly, "oh, trust me sweet heart, that's not on my list. Not unless I wanted it." I just leaned against the wall and listened to them. Harry pulled at his coat and looked down at Nico with his head tilted up, "hmph." I stand up again and walk in between them, "are you two done?" Nico stood at my side like a shadow and smiled at Harry before saying, almost at a whisper, "yes, I do believe we are. See you around." I felt the palm of his hand press against my back as he gave me a farewell kiss on the cheek. It was something he did with everyone, if he knew they'd allow it. Harry appeared to be unsettled and envious, but I paid it no mind. Nico had disappeared like a thief in the night, going to fetch what he came for I suppose. "I hate him," Harry stated with crossed arms as he looked at me. "Oh, how I know this so well," I say with a bit of an attitude. "Why was he up here anyways," Harry asked, his arm draped across my shoulders as we began to walk. "Oh, like he said, just picking up a few things because he wanted to get away from his father," I lie partially. I can hear a low growl from Harry as he stared ahead. With a sigh, I roll my eyes and walk in silence. We soon reach the restaurant, and I pry myself from Harry. He didn't look twice as I started for the old building I usually sit at and think. It also provides a wonderful view of Auradon. Once I arrived, I climb to the roof and sit, pulling my knees to my chest. Just as I begin to slip into my own world, Nico appears below me in the shade. He was able to travel by shadow, but it was still day time so there wasn't many shadows to travel with. Nico hoisted himself up onto the roof to sit beside me, "whatcha doin'." I smiled slightly as he sat facing me. "Oh... I come here to think sometimes, or just because I have nothing to do. I thought you'd be gone by now," I tilted my head slightly. "I was just about to leave. Just wanted to come and wish you farewell. I may be a villain, but that doesn't mean I can't be kind sometimes," he grins and leans against his hand, hair falling in his face. "Kind, or pulling a bluff so your targets will do as you wish," I move the hair from his face as he laughs. "Both. Anyways, I have a kingdom to get back to. Father might threaten my position if I'm not back in time," Nico wraps his arms around me in a brief hug. His lips skip over either side of my cheeks before he hops into the shadows and disappears. I look across the water and see something skipping across it. 'What's that,' I think as it crosses the barrier.