➳ 17

INCOMING CALL FROM:
CRYSTAL🤦🏼‍♀️💓

ANSWER OR DECLINE

ANSWER

"What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing is wrong. Why do you think something is wrong?" Anastasia asked into the phone.

"Anastasia, I'm not a friend. I am family. I know when something is up. I could tell you got really upset when they were talking about Dylan. Why?"

"It's nothing really." She sighed.

"Anastasia, please. Tell me."

"It's just-," she began, "I like Dylan."

"Anastasia I know you do. You guys have been talking so much, I'm not surprised you caught feelings. Why is this bugging you so much?"

"Because I don't think he likes be back. And if he did I just know people will have shit to say. The public is not very happy with me."

"Okay well A: you're a dumbass if you think he's not into you. And B: who cares whether or not people like you two together. There's always gonna be people out there who don't like you. Just do you."

"Maybe, but he doesn't deserve the baggage I come with Crystal." Anastasia said.

"Just talk with him Ana."

"No." Anastasia said. "And please, just forget about this conversation."

"But Ana-"

CALL ENDED

Anastasia threw her phone on her couch, and held her head in her hands.

She let out a deep sigh as she grabbed her car keys, and ran a hand through her hair. Quickly rushing out of her house, she slammed the door, and ran to her car. She placed her sunglasses on and put her hair in a ponytail to keep people from recognizing her on the streets.

She made her way to the hospital that was near by. Once arriving she rushed inside, trying to avoid being noticed or recognized by anyone. She walked over to the lady at the front desk, lowering her sunglasses from her eyes a little.

"Miss Pierce, how lovely it is to see you again. How have you been?" The desk lady asked quietly.

"Hello Sophia. I've been good, how about you? How are the grandkids? Last time you said your grandson was already walking." Anastasia asked.

"Oh yes! Little Adam is getting his hands into everything now! It's so funny watching my son chase after him. But, I've been great, they've been great. My daughter and son are loving your show." Sophia said.

"Really? That's amazing," Anastasia said, "so, has anything changed, with him?"

"I'm afraid not," Sophia said sadly, "he's  the same as last time you came to visit."

"Can I see him?" Anastasia asked.

"Of course, follow me." Sophia said.

Anastasia followed the little woman who took her across the hospital. Passing door after door, Anastasia grew nervous. She fiddled with her fingers almost they entire way.

Sophia soon slowly down, and stopped at a door with the number 485 on them. She pulled out a card from her pocket, and swiped it on the machine. The door opened slowly, and Sophia stepped aside so Anastasia could enter.

"There you go," Sophia said,"take your time."

"Thank you Sophia." Anastasia said.

Sophia simply nodded and left to go back to the front desk. Anastasia took a deep breath before slowly entering the hospital room. She heard the beeping a of machines as she slowly moved that curtain that blocked the patient. Her facial expression dropped as she saw him laying there still. Her eyes brimming with tears as she walked over to him slowly. She sat down in the chair next to him, carefully grabbing his hand.

"Hey dad, "she whispered, "I really miss having you around. It's been a long time. I'm sorry I haven't visited more often. I've been filming, and I know that's not an excuse but, I'm sorry. God, I have so many things I wish I could talk to you about. I want you to be there when I need advice. Especially about boys. My god, I remember never needing to talk about guys. But even when I never did, you were always there. Now though, I actually need some advice, and you can't give me any."

"Dad, there's this guy, and he's really sweet. I think I really like him, but there have been some things going on. Bad things. I don't want him to get dragged into it. Crystal says I should go for it, but I can't put him through that. Not him. He doesn't deserve it." She said quietly.

"I wish you could answer me dad. I really miss you. I miss mom too. Even though she was the way she was, I still somehow care about what happened to her. I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm sorry mom got the easier way out," she said, "but please wake up soon dad. For me."

With no other noise being heard other than the machines, Anastasia slowly stood from the chair. She reached over, place a soft kiss on her fathers head, before making her way to the door. She wiped the tears that escaped her eyes, and placed her sunglasses on before opening the door. She slowly made her way back to the main entrance, where she said goodbye to Sophia.

She pushed the doors open, feeling the fresh air hit her face. She took a deep breath and then made her way to her car.