➳ 32

ANASTASIA woke up to the sunlight shining in her face

ANASTASIA woke up to the sunlight shining in her face. Her eyes struggled to open from the headache she felt. She let out a light groan as her hand rubbed her face to wake herself up. She sat up and noticed another person lying in her bed. She moved away slightly, deciding whether or not to wake the guy up. His back was facing her, keeping her from finding out who it was. She gently place her hand on his back, and shook him. He stirred but didn't wake up. She let out a loud groan and shook him harder. This time his hand came up to his face. A sigh was heard from him as he turned around and faced Anastasia. She recognized it was Dylan but was confused as to why he was in her bed. He was awake now, and was staring at Anastasia.

"Hi." He said, his voice slightly raspy.

"What are you doing in my bed?" She asked.

"I was dropping you off, and you asked me to stay with you, and I guess I fell asleep." He told.

"And I'm guessing I drank a lot from the massive headache I have." She said.

"Yeah. You were pretty wasted."

"My god," she groaned.

She removed the blanket, and moved off the bed. She walked towards her dresser and pulled some clothing out of it. Dylan tried not to focus on the dress that had moved higher, exposing more of her legs. It was just above her mid thigh, and was slightly moving higher every time she moved. When she turned back around, he quickly averted his eyes, pretending to look out the window.

"I'm going to go change." She said, walking out of the room.

Dylan waited until he heard a door close to let out a breath he was holding in. He brought a hand up to his face as he shook his head. He laughed at the thoughts that ran through his head. He fell back onto the mattress, and laid there until he heard her footsteps coming back into the room. She came back wearing grey sweatpants pants and a white shirt. Her hair was brushed, and the makeup that was she was wearing from the night before was off.

"Thank you for bringing me home. I'm sorry to trouble you with that. I know I can be an annoying drunk." She laughed.

"You were fine. And it was no problem," he said, "But your car was left over there."

"That's fine. I'll have Crystal take me to go and get it." Anastasia told.

"I could take you." He offered.

"No, I've troubled you enough. I'll ask Crystal or Naomi to take me." Anastasia said.

"Are you sure?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah. It's fine."

"Alright." Dylan sighed.

He reached and grabbed his phone from the nightstand as he sighed. Once he turned it on, his eyes widened from all the notifications he had received. He scrolled through a few of them; most of them being twitter notifications, and silently cursed under his breath.

"What the hell? Anastasia, look at your phone." He said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Look at what they're saying." He told.

Confused, Anastasia walked to her phone and turned it on. Twitter notifications came flooding in, and she read most of them.

"Woah. What is this? What's with all the 'analyn,' stuff?"

"It's some article," he said, "You would never guess who wrote it."

"Giselle." She sighed.

"Yeah," he nodded, "Why did you tell me she was the one that wrote that one article about you? You let me talk to her most of the night yesterday."

"It's not that big of a deal anymore." She shrugged.

"Of course it's a big deal! Ana, you were so upset because of it."

"I-I didn't want you to worry. Especially on your birthday."

"Anastasia, of course I would have been worried! It does matter that it was my birthday. You should have told me. You're more important to me than my birthday party."

"Dylan, that's sweet but don't say that."

"No I will. Anastasia, you are one of the most important people in my life. We may have only met earlier this year, but it feels like forever. I want you in my life for a long time." He told.

"Dylan I-"

"I really need to tell you something," he said, moving closer, "I've needed to for a while but I never had the balls to."

"Dylan-"

"I really like you Anastasia. Like, more than just a friend."