▹ ONE

-

-

''PRETTY, RIGHT? THE NEIGHBORHOOD?''

Serena Michael sneaks a glance in her rear view mirror, where there she could physically see a reaction since the motioning car was filled with silence.

It was full of tension, maybe even pressure. This was, of course, a whole new town. They had to start all over.

Hazel Michael had her head down. The lines creased on her forehead gave away from her furrowed brows as she was going through her phone.

She had headphones on, but she knew fully well the girl had one ear out. She was more of eager to know when they would arrive to the new home so she can move around.

Francis Michael, however, had his gaze focused on his surroundings outside of the window. His eyes were narrowed and his lips were scrunched to the side.

He was chewing on the inside of his cheek, it was a habit he always had. One that usually happened when he was deep in thought.

His shoulders had slightly lifted in a shrug as a response towards his aunt's positivity. But he quickly let's them fall, an audio sigh being heard from his nostrils.

Serena averted her focus on the road along with the shake of her head. They were non-responsive for a while, pretty much when she had first fly out to take of them.

Usually, Hazel and Francis were in better moods around their aunt. She was youthful and has many tricks up her sleeve.

But considering the incident that lead them to move into the small town of Riverdale, which Hazel even claimed to be most likely unknown to Google Maps, was not the best of times with their aunt.

Though, Serena forces a wide smile as she makes a turn, pulling up in the driveway of their new house. She takes a deep breath before announcing, ''We're here.''

Hazel's features only soften shortly while looking, her eyes wide. The cobblestone exterior looked more than spacious for just three people.

 The cobblestone exterior looked more than spacious for just three people