▹ TWO

-

-

''HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE NEW KIDS?''

Kevin Keller approached Veronica Lodge in the student lounge that next day in school, tossing his bookbag on the couch whereas he stood behind it.

He placed his hands on his hips as Veronica nods her head. ''I have, actually, and although I am more than relieved to lose the new girl title, it is ridiculous how fast word spreads around this town.''

He chuckles, ''That's because these new kids are completely new. See, at least your parents have some history here, they're fresh out of California-'' He cocks his head to the side. ''So I've heard.''

His lips tugs into a smirk, he was ready to gush over many details he's heard of their identity.

''Do you know that they live right across the street from Betty and Archie?''

Her eyes went wide and her face grew as her lips formed almost an oval shape. ''Seriously?''

''Yeah, and-'' He rolls his eyes. ''Though I have not seen them at all this morning, I hear that they're siblings. Guy and a girl. Ugh, super hot while we're at it.''

A sigh falls from Hazel lips as she enters the lounge, mentally defeated by the day already.

She heads towards the vending machine while Veronica giggles lightly. ''Did you also happen to come across their names, Gossip Girl?''

''Nobody's heard of the girl, but as for the guy, they say Franklin,'' He shrugs his shoulders. ''And by they? I mean Ginger and Tina.''

She shakes her head just as she punched in the code for a bag of barbecue potato chips.

''Now on to bigger and more important ordeals,'' Kevin huffs a puff air of from his chest, a little too dramatically from what Hazel heard. ''It's this quintessential right of passage, making out with your boy or girlfriend at the movies.''

The raven hair girl cocks a brow. ''Why don't we go together? I can't promise any action, but maybe I'll bring you good luck.''

Their attention was caught when Hazel's bag of chips dropped drastically from it's high spot of the machine.

Kevin furrows his brows as she bends down for her snack, he narrowed his eyes as he observes her features from behind.

Until it finally hit him like a ton of bricks. ''Oh my god.''

He glanced back at Veronica, who questions him with an arch brow and a subtle shake of her before turning to Hazel.