▹ FIVE

-

-

''MY MOM AND DAD DON'T WANT TO GET THE POLICE INVOLVED. THEY DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW SHE RAN AWAY, OR ABOUT HER SHAMEFUL CONDITION.''

It was early that Monday morning, classes didn't start for another fifteen minutes. Yet, Jughead Jones sat with Elizabeth Cooper on the couch, Kevin Keller, Archie Andrews, and Veronica Lodge on separate chairs leaving Hazel Michael criss cross on the ground.

Veronica had texted Hazel for an early meet up with her group, spite the sketchy pleads Jughead called for on her presence.

She didn't particularly understand nor agreed if it was too soon for the brunette, herself, to be meeting up with the gang.

Especially if the topic consisted around the aftermath of Betty's visit to The Sisters of Quiet Mercy.

Did they considered her another one of them?

Veronica lugs her head to the side, drawling, ''Please. What decade is this?''

''Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did-''

''She could be the murderer,'' Jughead intervenes. ''Trying to cover her tracks.''

With furrowed brows, Archie questions, ''Who did burn the car, then?''

''Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us,'' Betty alarms the group.

''Oh my god,'' Veronica looks around rattled. ''Honestly, guys, we should just move.''

Hazel tilted her head back to look at her and points at her. ''An idea every dumb blonde in scary movies should realize.''

Betty sighs. ''Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?''

With her lips still closed, Hazel's jaw dropped more and her eyes enlarged while her brows furrowed as she witness Jughead wrap an arm around the blonde's shoulder in a protective manner.

She turns to him appreciatively and plants her hand on top of his, that rested on her shoulder.

''Betty,'' Archie calls, collecting himself after their small moment. ''Even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police.''

''Second it,'' Kevin immediately agrees. ''We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet.''

Jughead rolls his eyes, pulling away from Betty. ''No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God; the Blossoms. They're the first people that he would tell.''