▹ SIX

-

-

''POLLY'S CONVINCED HERSELF THAT NO ONE WANTS HER BABY.''

Hazel Michael, once again, sat criss cross on the floor in between Kevin Keller, who sat on the arm rest of Veronica Lodge's seat, and Cheryl Blossom, who sat on a leather ottoman that next school day in the student lounge.

Elizabeth Cooper and Jughead Jones took up the small two seated couch and Archie Andrews sat on a arm rest Valerie sat in.

Kevin cocked his head to the side. ''Besides, of course, the child snatching Blossom monsters.''

Cheryl raised brow as she turns to him.

''No offense, Cheryl.''

She pursed her lips, supposing he was to be sincere. However, this is her family he was still talking about. ''None taken.''

''So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby, and the Blossoms want the baby but not Polly,'' Jughead worded out. His head rested in the hand of the arm that was propped on the arm rest of the couch. ''That's a true Gordian knot.''

''It's an impossible situation.''

''Betty,'' Veronica calls. ''Come on. An impossible situation is being invited to both the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night.''

Kevin intakes a small gasp, resting a hand on her shoulder. She turns to him, ''Which happened to me one year, I know.''

She turns back to Betty and declares, ''This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I've been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple in it's conception. What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?''

''Count me in,'' Cheryl grins.

''Oh!'' Hazel exclaims. ''We should do a gender reveal for her? Yeah? We could do the cupcakes with the color filling inside, or get fireworks, or get a piñata with the color of the gender in confetti, or-''

''Hazel, girl, breathe!''

Hazel pressed a hand against her chest and takes a deep breathe, exhaling slowly.

Betty bops her head at her. ''Are you good now?''

She nods her head. ''I'm sorry, what were we talking about?''

''You want Polly to feel love and supported, right?'' Veronica attempted to persuade Betty.

''Yeah,'' She agrees. ''But ideally by her own parents.''