▹ SEVEN

-

-

''JUST IN TIME, WE'RE CELEBRATING.''

Elizabeth Cooper and Jughead Jones entered the student lounge that Monday afternoon and found Archie Andrews and Kevin Keller taking up space on the couch and Veronica Lodge sitting in one of the chairs.

Betty takes a seat in the chair while Jughead sits on top of the arm rest of her chair.

''Archie was just telling us how he's going to some super exclusive music program this summer,'' Kevin informs the couple.

''Maybe,'' Archie prompts. ''If it happens, though, it would be huge for me.''

''Do you have to audition for it?'' Jughead asks.

After the babyshower, the boys had a deep one on one conversation in Archie's bedroom.

They settled to an understanding and reached a new level in their friendship. They weren't just best friend's, they were brother's.

''Well, not exactly. Mrs. Blossom came by earlier and said she'd put a good word in for me.''

Just as Kevin praises, ''Amazing,'' Veronica counters by discouraging, ''Terrifying.''

The two looked at each other confused. It was rare for them to come to a disagreement. However, you couldn't exactly have a friend who was exactly like you.

''Uh huh,'' Jughead furrows his brows, nodding along. ''What's she getting out of it?''

''I told her I'd take Cheryl to their family's tree-tapping thing,'' He hesitates to tell. ''I already talked to Valerie, and she's cool with it.''

''Cool with you being a gigolo now?'' Jughead remarks.

''I'm doing someone a favor for my music, Jughead. I need to make connections outside of Riverdale.''

Veronica cocks her head to the side and sighs. ''That's the way of the world. It's all about connections.''

''Speaking of connections,'' Jughead mumbles, his gaze trailing after Hazel Michael, who rushed into the lounge room quickly to make her way towards the vending machines.

The group fell quiet, the positivity wavering vastly by her presence.

Then again, who were they kidding? It felt almost empty without Hazel somewhere in the mix. She brought optimism to the table, humor and support.