[ n i n e - k i s s ]

she always wondered what it would be like to kiss someone.

As Eunhee slammed the door, she tried to hold her tears until she got home. She was walking as fast as she could, but Eunhee felt so weak. She didn't know why. She kicked a pole nearby to let out her frustration towards Jimin. Why was he acting like that? Did he know already? If he did, then why was he so eager to let out the secret? It doesn't matter, Eunhee...He's just some guy that you shared a deep talk with. Right?

Eunhee pushed all thoughts of Jimin out of her mind and focused on the matter at hand. It wasn't such a big deal that they knew now, right? It's just that now everyone knows about her messed up family. Great. In all honesty, Eunhee didn't tell her brother this because she didn't want to trouble him, but when she was younger, she had gotten bullied by this one really nasty girl named Jung Yoonji, when the rumors spread that her dad left. The only reason she survived that year was because of her best friend at the time: Kim Sewoon. I wonder what he's up to these days. She had wanted to keep this under wraps because she didn't want a repeat of what happened when she was little.

Eunhee pushed those thoughts out of her mind and went back to looking for a way back home. She had been so focused on leaving the house that she didn't realize that she didn't actually know how to get home. Crap.

Her phone was dead, and she didn't know where she was. Let alone what neighborhood. So, she decided to just keep walking until she found a nearby store.

The unforgiving breeze gave her chills, and the ominous dark scared her. She swore she heard speeding footsteps behind her, closing in. Breathe, Eunhee. It's probably nothing.

Eunhee started to pick up the pace, but so did the footsteps. She noticed an alleyway and decided to hide there, with her back up against the wall. She put on hand on her mouth, trying to quiet her breathing. Eunhee closed her eyes in fear and waited.

She hadn't heard anything for a while and decided to open her eyes. Eunhee saw a figure in front of her and was about to scream. But, the figure put a hand up against her mouth.

"Please, don't hurt me," Eunhee muttered behind his hand. She felt tears streaming down her cheeks and started to wish she had never left the house.

The figure let go of Eunhee's mouth, and she impulsively moved her arm to slap him. However, the figure grabbed her wrist and pushed her and her arm against the wall.

Eunhee started to yell, but the figure yelled louder.

"Eunhee! Eunhee! Look! It's just me, Jimin!" the familiar voice shouted.

She blinked away her tears focused her vision on the figure before her.

"Jimin? It really is you," Eunhee sighed in relief. But, she wasn't calm for long. She began to recall the events that led up to her leaving and started to feel angry again towards Jimin.

"Why are you here? Didn't you want me to leave? Do you hate me, Jimin? I thought we were friends at least! I poured my heart out that night, and this is how you treat me. You know if I knew that-" Eunhee shouted.

"EUNHEE! Just listen to me. Let me explain. You know, I don't know why I'm acting like this. I'm usually a nice person. I rarely get angry; ask any of my friends. After I talked to you that night, I started feeling weird; whenever I saw you with Taehyung,
my heart started to hurt. I guess I just wanted you to say with your own mouth that you weren't dating Tae. I was being selfish, and I didn't even think about why you were keeping it a secret. I'm so, so sorry. Believe me, Eunhee, when I say that I didn't mean to hurt you. Something just came over me when I saw you today. And, I know this is quite possibly the worst time and way to tell you this, but I think I like you, Eunhee," Jimin explained.