[ e i g h t e e n - j e a l o u s ]

he always hated being jealous.

After leaving Eunhee with Taehyung, Jimin walked into the classroom and took his seat. He had begun to read his book when he saw a figure before him. He looked up and saw Jungkook.

"Jungkookie! What's up?" Jimin asked in a welcoming tone.

"Hey hyung, did you and Eunhee talk yet?" Jungkook said hesitantly.

"Yeah, why?" he asked suspiciously. He felt his anger and confusion boiling up inside of him. Why was she talking to Jungkook when she could've been talking to me? Aish, this good-looking maknae.

"Well, to be honest, during lunch yesterday, Eunhee told me about some things that were troubling her, and I just wanted to make sure she talked to you and was okay," Jungkook explained, as he walked to his seat.

"Oh."

A few minutes later, Eunhee walked into the classroom and took her seat. She turned around and gave Jimin a quick smile. When it came time for Communication Buddy time, he decided to ask calmly, "So, what's going on between you and Jungkook?"

Eunhee looked back at him innocently and said nothing. Huh, so there is something going on. I knew-

Jimin's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the most beautiful sound. Eunhee's laugh. He hadn't heard that in such a long time and was caught off guard.

"Why- why are you laughing?" Jimin asked with a slight smile while rubbing the back of his head, now feeling embarrassed.

"Sorry, Jimin. It's just that I didn't know you would be jealous of Jungkook," Eunhee smiled.

"I'm not jealous of Jungkook!" Jimin defended in a shy tone.

"I know you aren't Jimin, but why did you even ask that?"

"Jungkook came up to me and said that you guys had talked yesterday. I don't know. It's just that you know that you can come to me with those problems, but why go to Jungkook?" he asked with a pout.

"Of course, I know that Jimin. You're the person I care about the most. It's just that it seems like I can talk to everyone but you about my troubles. I think it's because I don't really want your image of me to change as someone weak," Eunhee confessed, not being able to look at him.

Jimin put his finger on her chin and lifted her face up to meet his. Moving closer, he whispered, "Eunhee, don't ever say that. I- I love you."

As she felt his breath on her ear, Eunhee's breath hitched. "I love you too, Jimin."

He moved back to face her, and everything around them disappeared. He saw as Eunhee's lips curved into a smile. She started to look around them and pecked him on the lips. Jimin felt heat creep up on his face.

"That's why you don't need to worry about Jungkookie," Eunhee smiled against his lips.

She turned back to face the front, leaving Jimin flustered. He couldn't even remember why he was so mad. Now, he was just so overcome with happiness.

Suddenly, Eunhee faced Jimin again and said, "Oh, I forgot to ask my question. Didn't you know that Jungkook and I were friends?"

Jimin was still lost for words and shook his head.

"Oh, really Jimin don't get any misunderstandings if I talk to him, okay?" she smiled reassuringly.

The teacher called the class to attention, but Jimin couldn't seem to focus on anything. All he could think about was that kiss. That confession. Eunhee never ceased to surprise him. Just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter. He smiled to himself like an idiot.

"Jimin," the teacher called, "Can you tell the class the three C's of effective communication?"

His mind went blank. He frantically looked at the board to see if she had written the answer there. Shoot. It's not there. Jimin wasn't the type of student to not pay attention. Eunhee just had this effect on him. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Eunhee's hand extended behind her. He reached down and took the small slip of paper from her hand. Jimin opened it secretly and read in her cursive script: Connect, Convey, and Convince.

"Connect, convey, and convince," he answered.

"Good job, Jimin," the teacher said.

He breathed a sigh of relief when the teacher went back to teaching. Eunhee turned around and gave him a slight wink. He put his hand on his chest and felt it beating like crazy.

When lunch time came, Jimin, Eunhee, and Jungkook went to their table to find Yoonji and the rest of the hyungs sitting there.

"Jiminie, come sit next to me," she pleaded.

Jimin hesitated. He wanted to flat out reject her, but he knew how sensitive Yoonji was. He was about to ask Jungkook to sit next to her when Eunhee said, "Of course, he'll sit next to you."

"He will?" Jungkook and the rest of the guys asked in unison.

"Yes, and I'll just sit next to Jungkook," Eunhee smiled.

So, everyone took their seats, and Eunhee ended up in between Jungkook and Hobi, which made him uncomfortable. But, hey, at least she wasn't sitting next to Namjoon, he had been such a big flirt these days.

Jimin wanted to talk to Eunhee about everything from how her school life was going to what she had been watching these days. He just wanted to get to know her even better. "So, Eunhee, how are your graphic design and photography classes going?"

"They're going really well! I'm really glad I started those classes. They beat going to a free period, and also, Jungkookie and Jin-oppa are in those classes. So it's entertaining," she laughed.

"I heard my name!" Jin shouted from across the table.

"Hyung, she was talking about art class!" Kookie shouted back.

"Did she say anything about me?" Jin smirked with a hopeful face.

"Yeah, she said the jokes you made in class were lame!"

After he shouted that, Jin had a betrayed look on his face. Eunhee immediately smacked Jungkook's shoulder and shouted back, "He's lying, oppa! You know we love your jokes!"

"Of course, it's in my DNA. Love you guys too," he said, making finger hearts.

Everyone burst out into laughter about what just happened and continued to eat.

"That's awesome! Have you started any projects?"

"Yeah, actually, our next project is about profiles, and I wanted to ask if-"

"Jimin, I'm in that class too!" Yoonji interrupted. "I'm working on a profile too. Jimin, can I base my profile off of you? Jimin? Jimin?" She kept bombarding his ear with questions, but all Jimin could focus on was Eunhee's disappointed expression. He couldn't just ignore Yoonji; they had been friends for so long. Eunhee gave him a reassuring smile and nodded, as if to say go ahead I understand.

So, Jimin conversed with Yoonji, but he couldn't focus. All he could think about was Jungkook and Eunhee laughing together and smiling and Hoseok-hyung teasing her.

What he didn't realize was that Yoonji noticed that Jimin hadn't been paying attention to her. Eunhee was stealing Jimin from her. She wouldn't let what happened back then with Sewoon-oppa happen again. It was time.

[ a/n ]
Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to leave comments! So, next chapter, trouble's brewing. It was interesting writing as Yoonji for a paragraph 😂 but not something I want to do again. Love you guys! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 400 READS 🎉