[ s e v e n t e e n - n o r m a l ]

she had always wondered what normal felt like.

Eunhee felt grateful for Jimin and sorry towards him as well. As she woke up and saw that the sun hadn't risen yet, her clear head was now filled with a million thoughts about her mom and what she was going to do about Yoonji. However, Eunhee decided to push those thoughts away and smile at the sky.

She felt a poke on her cheek and looked over to see a messy-haired Jimin. He pushed his hair back (refer to gif) and smiled at her. Is there even such a thing as a sexy mochi?

"Morning, Jimin," she smiled. "Was there something on my face?"

"Not really, I just wanted to touch your dimple. It's so cute; it should be illegal," Jimin laughed. Eunhee felt heat across her face, and to make things worse, he cupped her face in his hands and whispered in her ear, "So, I guess I'll call you illegirl." Why is he doing this to me so early in the morning? I'm glad to have him back. 

"Jimin, about last night, even though all of that happened with my mom, I still wanted to talk to you about us. I don't like how we were before, and I feel like it's my fault," Eunhee explained.

"I had already been a little upset at your being distant from me, so I was going to surprise you at your house. I heard you talking to someone in your room about how you don't trust me, and I left."

"Oh. Oh?! That was you? Oh Jiminie, I didn't say that. You misheard me. I said it's not that I don't trust you. I probably paused in between words. That's what you heard."

A sense of realization washed over Jimin. "I'm sorry, Eunhee. I should've come and talked to you directly. That's on me," Jimin sighed.

"That's fine, Jimin. I still have things that I need to get off my chest with you. I know this is a lot to ask, but could you give me some time? It's really hard for me to talk about. Not with you, just in general," Eunhee looked up at him.

"Of course. I'll always be here for you, no matter what happens," Jimin reassured her, with a peck on her forehead. They faced each other and didn't break eye contact. Jimin leaned closer and was only teasing her, when all of a sudden, Eunhee closed the gap between them. Jimin immediately held her waist and moved her closer to him, deepening the kiss, as she felt Jimin bite her lip slightly. They had missed each other so much. They had both missed this feeling of home that they had found in each other.

They broke apart, not because they wanted to stop but because they needed to breathe. She stared into his deep eyes and saw him wink. "So, how was that?" he asked with a smirk.

"Even better than the first time," Eunhee smiled.

They both broke out laughing, and Eunhee wished they could stay this happy forever, but she checked her watch and saw that she had to go to work. "Jiminie, I have to go to work," she pouted.

He pouted with her and pleaded, "Let me go to work with you! Just give me five minutes to grab my stuff."

While they were walking to the café, Jimin put her arm around Eunhee's shoulder, and she put her head against his chest. As they entered the empty café, Jimin sat down at one of the tables and got out some of his homework, while Eunhee got ready for work.

Eunhee began to organize the cash register, when she felt a presence in front of her. She looked up and began to say, "Good morning! How may I-"

"Help you?" Jimin said. "Thanks for asking, you didn't have to ask. How about you make me one of your famous caramel macchiatos?" Eunhee looked back at Jimin and couldn't resist his smile.

"Of course, valued customer!" she responded in the most friendly voice she could make.

As she moved to the coffee-making station, Jimin followed her and asked, "Do you talk to all of your customers like that?"

"Only the cute ones," Eunhee winked. She saw Jimin blush a little bit and started to think about what had gotten into her. She had realized over time that Jimin had this effect on her. I never knew that I could be this flirty.

After Jimin got his coffee, a few minutes after, Eunhee heard the chime ring and saw Mrs. Park. "Good morning, Mrs. Park! How are you?"

"I'm fine, Eunhee! You look bright today," Mrs. Park commented.

Out of the corner of her eye, Eunhee saw Jimin walking over to the counter and was about to scold him when he said, "Mom?"

"Jimin?"

Eunhee did a double take and realized all the times Mrs. Park was talking about troubles with her son, she was talking about Jimin. "Mrs. Park, I had no idea that Jimin was your son."

"I had no idea that you knew my Jimin. Wait, how do you know my Jimin?"

"Uh- Well- You see-" Eunhee tried to explain.

"She's my girlfriend."

"Oh! Jimin," Mrs. Park slapped her son's shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? You know Eunhee, I wanted to set you up with him, but he said that he already liked a girl. I guess that was you."

Eunhee blushed and thought about how deeply connected her and Jimin's fates were. This feels right. This is how it's supposed to be.

"Well, it looks like my son has his caramel macchiato. You know he always complimented you on them."

"I did. I did," Jimin confirmed with a wide smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Eunhee. Come visit us!" Mrs. Park greeted, as she left with her coffee.

Jimin leaned against the counter and looked fondly up at Eunhee. There were no words to describe what they were both feeling. Belonging.

Eunhee and Jimin walked together to school and saw Taehyung going in.

"Oppa!"

Eunhee ran ahead to meet Tae and hugged him. She looked behind her, expecting Jimin to follow her, but he hadn't moved from where she had left him. She could sense the tension between the two. Jimin waved and signaled that he was going to go in, and she nodded back.

She explained to Tae what had happened last night and how supportive Jimin had been. Tae's face softened, and he seemed to feel kind of guilty. Then, Tae began to describe what had happened between him and Jimin yesterday.

"Oppa, I really, really appreciate you defending me, but can you please try and get along with Jimin?"

"I'll try, but for you Eunhee. I still think you could do better than him," Tae said with his boxed smile.

Tae and Eunhee walked into the school and into their classroom and took their seats. Their communications teacher walked in. She signaled for the class to get in their pairs.

Jimin looked like he had been thinking deeply about something before Eunhee had arrived. Oh no, please don't tell me he figured out what was going on between Yoonji and me. What am I going to do?

"So," Jimin started with a glare, "what's going on between you and Jungkook?"

What?

[ a/n ]
hey readers! hope you enjoyed that chapter! things are going to get brighter for Eunhee. yay! ❤️ thanks for your support always! I'm almost at 400 reads 😊