[ n i n e t e e n - a f r a i d ]

she was always afraid it would happen again.

Eunhee had come to accept that Yoonji was going to be a big part of Jimin's life and she was always going to be there. So, during lunch, she didn't want to act like the big, bad, mean girlfriend but let them sit together because after all they were friends.

During the time that Yoonji had been here, Eunhee had tried to respect her and Jimin's friendship, but it was getting to be a little much. She knew that Jimin loved her, but she was always going to feel a little insecure about Yoonji being here. Sometimes, Eunhee felt like she was being replaced.

After a hilarious lunch with Yoonji and the guys, Eunhee left for photography class with Jin and Jungkook. Jin had left to find some inspiration for his portfolio.

Jungkook and Eunhee spent the class editing their photos and joking around. After their talk on the roof, Eunhee had found a true friend in Jungkook. She had been staring off into space a lot trying to figure out how to avoid Yoonji. Jungkook caught on and asked, "Noona, are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry, I've just been thinking about Yoonji. I've just been getting a bad feeling from her these days, Kookie. I don't know why."

"Well, I've had one when I first laid eyes on her," Jungkook retorted. "If she EVER bothers you, noona, let me know."

"Of course, Jungkook. Thanks," she smiled widely.

After class was over, Eunhee decided that the first thing she needed to do was to finally tell Jimin. She was ready. Her heart calm, palms sweaty. Eunhee texted Jimin to meet her on the roof. Soon after, she heard footsteps and the door creak.

She was greeted by Jimin's wide smile and kind eyes. "What's up? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just- just wanted to talk to you about something that happened to me a long time ago." Eunhee began to explain what had happened between her and Yoonji from the teasing to the drowning. She couldn't bear to look at his face. The whole time Eunhee kept her head down and tried to hold back her tears. "Jimin, I understand if you don't want to be together anymore. I know this is a lot to take in, and I'm-"

Jimin embraced her tightly, and Eunhee was buried in his chest. She could smell his cologne, and it brought her a certain peace of mind. He ran his fingers through her long her and kissed the top of her hair.

Jimin rested his chin on her shoulder and whispered, "Eunhee, what did I tell you about saying things like that. You're not a burden. You were, are, and never going to be a burden to me. You're a gift to me. You always were."

Eunhee couldn't hold back her tears any longer. She started to sob into Jimin's shoulder, and when she calmed down, she broke away from him. "Eunhee, I'm so sorry that happened to you. That's something no one should have to go through and that Yoonji did it. I just can't imagine Yoonji could do such a horrible thing to you. The important thing is I believe you, Eunhee because I love you. I'm going to talk to her today after school because this isn't right that she hasn't apologized or anything. So, walk home with Taehyung today, okay!?" Jimin explained.

"Oh, I was going to walk home with Jungkookie to work on photography homework and take some photos. Is that okay?" Eunhee asked, expecting it to be fine.

"No," Jimin had a stern look on his face. "You've already spent too much time today with that coconut head maknae. Even more than the time you've spent with me," he pouted. "I need you."

"Well, I'm here now, and no one can replace you, Jimin," Eunhee started as she brushed her lips against Jimin's. She could feel her body warming up from the contact. She melted against him, thinking about how she never wanted to break away. Eunhee realize that Jimin had slipped his tongue into her mouth, as she felt his soft lips open. He moved her as close as possible to him, and she ran her fingers through his hair, as his hand was on the back of her neck. Eunhee wanted to stay like this forever.

Eunhee and Jimin parted ways, as she got ready to head home. She searched the halls for Jungkook and couldn't find him anywhere and headed towards the photography classroom. Eunhee peered into the classroom, only to find no one. She turned back around and saw Yoonji standing in front of her.

"I've been expecting you, Eunhee," Yoonji said with a sly grin on her face. Eunhee tried to run away, but Yoonji blocked her. She put a towel over her mouth, and Eunhee recognized the strong smell. Chloroform. She felt her head spin and her body get weak. Eunhee collapsed against Yoonji, and her vision went black.

Eunhee felt bright lights on her eyes, as she started to regain consciousness. She opened her eyes and felt a wood surface against her back. She sat up and looked around. This place looks really familiar. Wait...no...it can't be.

Something clicked in Eunhee's mind. She had seen these trees and the body of water before. This is where I drowned.

She felt her heart pound against her chest and tried to stay calm. Eunhee got up and made a run for it. She couldn't stand to be here for another second. However, Yoonji ran in front of her and held her shoulders. "You're not going anywhere."

"You know, I've waited for this moment for a long time, Eunhee. After that whole thing with Sewoon-oppa, I went to study in America. Perks of having rich parent: you can do whatever you want. Anyways, I was devastated because I had to leave Jiminie behind. So, when I came back to Korea, I was all ready to make him my boyfriend, and you could imagine how shocked I was to see you were already his girlfriend. You, Park Eunhee. The one who always stole my crushes from me," Yoonji explained, moving closer to Eunhee, as she moved further into the dock.

"I still can't believe someone like you is dating Jiminie. I mean what does he even see in you," she continued as she pushed Eunhee's shoulder back. Eunhee couldn't find the power to talk back or even scream. She felt stuck, just like she did when she was seven.

"Personally, I think it's kind of funny. I'm finally getting revenge on you after all of these years. I get to finally finish what I started. It's like it was ten years ago, except this time there's no one around to save you," Yoonji grinned widely, as she nudged Eunhee's shoulder forcefully. She kept doing it, until Eunhee was standing at the edge of the narrow dock.

"Bye, Eunhee. I'll take good care of Jiminie, when you're gone," Yoonji finished with one final push. Eunhee felt the cold water hit her skin, as she fell back. She started to flail her arms and legs as much as she could to keep herself afloat. The few times she was above water she saw Yoonji gradually disappear from her line of vision. I really am alone.

Eunhee's arms and legs couldn't keep up much longer, and she started to sink. She felt the water surround her body and struggled to breathe, until she just gave up. There's nothing else I can do. I'm sorry, Jiminie.

The last thing Eunhee thought before she lost consciousness was: "Jimin-ah, come save me."

[ a/n ]
hey readers! thanks so much for reading this chapter! this was kind of an intense chapter, but next chapter a LOT of things will be taken care of *coughs* like Yoonji but on another note THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 500 READS ❤️🎉 I can't emphasize enough how thankful I am for each and every one of you who take the time to read always see you in the next chapter!