❅ Chapter 11 ❅

Remember, you belong to me now.

I didn't care. I was free.

Free.

Free.

* * * * * * *

"What did the Whisperer do to her?"

"I don't know. I couldn't tune her out, my head was full of the voices."

"She Whispered to you? What did it sound like?"

Words, sharp and incoherent at first, drifted to me over a swift breeze that dried my dampened cheeks. I reached for them, using them as a tether to draw me back down to Earth, far from the wonderful sun that warmed my dead skin back to life, and back under the clouds that seemed to suffocate me.

It was like drawing my first breath from a new, heavenly world; the air as crisp as the water from a frozen stream, my lungs strong and sturdy.

"Neva?"

The world's light was blinding, shapes and shadows blurring in and out of focus as my eyelids fluttered. After a few long moments, I bared witnesses to most beautiful man I had ever seen.

His eyes were of the brightest and beautifully cut crystal, the shards cutting the light into exquisite rainbows. Lashes of pure ivory framed those eyes, and they flickered ever so slightly when he looked at me; into my eyes. Perfectly straight teeth were framed by pale lips that stretched wide as he took me in. Skin, as soft as silk but as pure as marble, heated as he touched me.

An white angel sent from the Gods. And he was mine. My familiar face.

"Foster."

A breath huffed past his lips as his arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a tight embrace. And for the first time in a long time, I didn't ache. I took the moment to inhale his scent - crisp and clean as a winter forest - and let it fill me.

I choked on a sob, pulling back. His eyes automatically went wide. "Did I hurt you? Are you okay?" His hands went to cup my face. "Neva?"

I tried to speak, but all that came out was cries of joy. After the disappointment and fear clouded his vision, I found my voice. "I feel fine, Foster. I feel fine."

Understanding flooded his eyes, slackening his face. "Fine," he repeated.

Another set of hands grabbed me, spinning me around. "Fine? As in nothing hurts?"

Another sob rocked my body as I laid eyes on Nicola. Her soft pink hair was in a large knot on top of her head, her face smeared in what looked like blood. "Are you hurt?"

At this, she laughed. "I'm fine. A little bump on my head, but I'm okay. But enough of me. What happened? What did She do to you?"

I looked around, taking in my surroundings. Somehow I was back in camp, surrounded by the old, towering trees of the Spring Court. "You capered? Again, so soon after the first?"

She glared at me. "It's not like you were in the condition to try your first time. Plus, I'll be fine. Queen, remember?" At this, she gave my arm a small pinch - something that would've bruised me not a few hours before. "Now tell me, what did She do to you?" I looked down at my arm. No bruise. No pain.

Genius had come out from his tent, his eyes large as curious as they took me in, but yet he still held his distance. After all this time he still walked around me as if I was a snake and if he got to close, I would strike. I tried to keep the hurt from showing on my face. I was hoping that after I had been healed, he would treat me right again.