Ron x Reader: Sure (Weird Au)

I sat reading one of my favorite books for what has to be the millionth time. What is the book you ask? Why, that's easy. It's the first book of Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This one is the American version, but I've read both versions, the British and American. Not sure which one I prefer though. I mean I own the American version, but that's because my parents bought it for me on my tenth birthday, six years ago.

     I was just getting to the part when Hagrid bursts into the shack on Harry's birthday when I was rudely interrupted by someone knocking on the door. With a groan I shut the book, not without finishing the paragraph, and got up from my warm, comfortable spot in my bed. I thumped down the stairs and dragged my feet to the front door.

     I opened the door, wondering who would be knocking at this hour of the night. I was greeted with guy in his late teens about to knock on the door once again. He had ginger hair that was slightly messed up and bright blue eyes. The stranger looked nervous and when he saw me his cheeks flushed, his eyes traveling to the ground where they stayed. If I was being honest, he looked a lot like my mental image of Ronald Weasley, but that's impossible. (The movies don't exist in this world.)

     "Can I help you, Mister..." I asked, trailing off because I didn't know his name. "Huh? Ron, Ronald Weasley." He introduced himself. Probably just a coincidence. "How can I help you Ron?" I asked once again. "You are (Y/n) (L/n), right?" Ron asked hopefully. "Yes, how do you know my name?" I asked cautiously. "Oh good. Look, I know this is strange and crazy but you have to believe me. I'm from another universe and-" He stammered. I decided to go out on a limb and say that he really is Ron Weasley.

      "If you really are Ron Weasley, cast the Lumos spell." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Ron looked utterly confused and surprised as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wand. He checked the surroundings then flicked his wrist saying, "Lumos." 'So I was right.' I thought as the end of the wand lit up. "Ho-How'd you know?" Ron asked. "We shouldn't talk out here, come on in." I said, stepping out of the way.

     We were sitting in my living room shortly after, I had quickly ran up and grabbed the book I was reading earlier. "So-" Ron started, but I interrupted once again. "How did I know about the Lumos spell? In this universe, you're just a character in a book series. You see?" I explained, flipping to where Harry and Ron meet on the train and showing it to him.

     "Blimey, I mean I knew you were from a book and all, but I had no idea we were books here." He said in amazement. "Wait, I'm from a book?" I asked in confusion. "Oh yeah, you're my favorite character. But your book doesn't really start until next week. Oops- I probably shouldn't say anymore. All I can really say is I know how it ends, and I wanna change it." Ron explained. A sense of dread came over me, if he wants to change it, it's probably bad. 

    "And how are you going to change it?" I questioned curiously, tilting my head as an experiment. Ron's cheeks tinted pink again, it appears I really am his favorite character. Good news for him, he's my favorite character too. "W-Well, originally I was planning on kidnapping you and taking you to my world, but you probably won't like that. So, I'll come up with something else." Ron explained, his cheeks turning a deeper shade of pink. "Y'know I like your original plan. I'd rather go to the wizarding world with you. Anyways, I can read my book when we get there, after you show me around Hogwarts and let me meet your family and friends." I said, standing up. "You actually like that idea?" Ron asked, looking at me like I was insane. "Heck yeah, I have nothing better to do here, just let me pack my things." I said then walked back up to my bedroom.

     When I got to my room, I finally let out all of my pent-up squeals and jumped around giddily. Once that was done I got down to business with packing, taking some of my books with me, none of them being about Harry Potter though. 'I can't believe it! I'm actually going to see Hogwarts!' I thought with excitement.

_______________________________________________________________________________

     Yep, that's that. I might make a part two to this, probably not, but maybe. -Rosa aka Amestris