Draco x Reader: Insufferable, Loathsome...

Quick note, you are both in your first year.

      "Britannia, here kitty kitty. Where are you Baby?" I called out while walking through the silent, empty hallway. It's about a half hour before the curfew and most have already retreated to the common rooms and dorms. I myself had went to my dorm room, but then I noticed my kitty was no where to be found. I had asked around, but everyone had said they hadn't seen her. How could no one have noticed her? Being a Maine Coon, Britannia is a rather large cat.

     "Ow!" Someone yelped from around the corner. I speed up my pace to almost a run and quickly rounded the corner. I saw Draco Malfoy standing in the middle of an abandoned hallway clutching his right hand. Sitting right in front of him was a .

      "Britannia!" I gasped, running up and picking her up in my arms. "So that bloody cat is yours?" Draco hissed. "Yes, she is. I see she scratched you. Are you okay?" I may not like him, but that's not going to stop me from being nice to him. "I'll be fine, but wait until the professors find out you have a vicious cat." Draco taunted. "Britannia is anything but a vicious cat, you probably just approached her too fast and got too close to her without her knowing you. Anyways, she can smell prejudice jerks. Good night, Malfoy." And with that I turned around to make my way back to the (H/n) common room.

      "Stupid, little, filthy mudblood and her mangy cat." Draco grumbled under his breath as he stomped away. Normally, such insults wouldn't bother me, I'm used to putting up with such things from him. But I've been rather emotional lately for some unknown reason.

      Not wasting anytime, I turned back around and stormed right after Draco. "Malfoy!" I yelled, being just behind him now. As he was turning around I raised my hand high above my head and brought it down upon his cheek before he could realize what was happening. He stumbled back a few steps, clutching his now red cheek, looking at me flabbergasted. "You insufferable, loathsome ass!" I yelled then turned back around and sped out of the hallway.

   Draco's P.O.V

      'She... just slapped me.' I thought while watching (Y/n) storm down the hallway, the cat still tucked in her arms. Finally shaking my shock, I hurried in the direction she had left. Who does she think she is? How dare she slap me!
I slowed down as I made it to the corner and peeked around the corner to make sure (Y/n) didn't know I was there. Well, she didn't know I was there, but she wasn't still walking. She was sitting with her back against the wall, her knees to her chest, her arms holding her knees in place, and her face in her knees and hidden by her hair. It was a peculiar sight, to me at least, she's always standing up straight with her head held high, or sitting up straight with her head held high.

      Curious, I went to show myself, but stopped when I heard a small shaky sob. (Y/n)'s crying? But why? I mean, I guess what I said was pretty cruel, but I always say things like that to her. They never really bothered (Y/n) before, at least I don't think they did. She always had some witty and somewhat snarky remark.

      I was standing halfway in the hall and started backing up; she didn't know I was here, so might as well not alert her of my presence. Even if (Y/n) hadn't noticed me, her cat certainly did. The cat, Britannia I believe, was seated in front of (Y/n) and was giving me a sharp glare, what? Cats can glare. Not knowing if the cat was going to make my presence known, I hurried away.

      On my way to the common room, I couldn't help but think about (Y/n)'s words. She had been kind enough to ask if I was alright after her cat scratched me. I had rudely blown her off with a threat. (Y/n) had been polite, as polite as she normally is towards me when bothered, and then walked off. I just had to insult her though. It must have triggered her, because she had slapped me. The main thing that is sticking with me though is her last words. "Malfoy! You insufferable, loathsome ass!" She's a probably right, I am an insufferable, loathsome ass.

      I don't even know why I said those things. I've always been meaner towards her, but that's because of some stupid crush I formed on her. I've had this "crush" on her since the first day. Even after we were sorted into different houses. I've got to make it up to her; I feel disgusting knowing I made her cry.

      That's it for now, I'll make a part two soon.