•chapter 10-Take a Chance- Courtney,Bella, and Chance chapter•

Again silence fell upon them. 400...500...600 miles. The ride seemed to never stop.

"Bella...Bella wake up."

"H...Huh?" Bella gets up.

"Bella. There is someone out there..."

Bella looks out of the window and sees a small child crying. "Courtney, stop the car."

Courtney suddenly stops the car. Not as if they were driving fast before. They were only driving 5 miles per hour as to not pass the boy.

Bella walks up to the boy "Are you okay?"

"No..." the boy is still crying.

"Where are your mommy and daddy?" she asks, looking at him with a friendly smile.

"Mommy a...and daddy got sucked up by a...a huge... umm... wave!" he cries even harder.

"How did you get away from the wave? Your such a little boy and the wave must've been huge..."

"M...my mommy and d...daddy work for the news. Mommy works the camera and daddy is the reporter... t...they were a hundred miles away..."

Bella remembers the tidal wave. It eating up everything in its path. The black and white fuzz.

"You were home alone?"

"Yea... the neighbors watch me when my mommy and daddy are gone. They make me dinner then go home. I watched the news and ran to the neighbors and their neighbors but... no one was there..."

"Your coming with us." Bella looks at him. "I'm Bella, by the way."

"I'm Chance."