A Change of Heart

Hermione burst into the cabin, tears streaking down her cold face. Draco opened his mouth to say something offensive to her, but instantly closed his mouth as Hermione sprang into his arms. Draco opened his mouth again in surprise. What would his dad say if he say Draco holding Hermione? Well, Draco knew it wouldn't be friendly. Draco found himself wrapping his arms around her and softly shushing her.

"What happened, Granger?" Draco said, his usual smirk gone.

"Ron. Ron." Hermione repeated. "Kiss. Lavendar." Draco gasped. Even though he hated the little Mudblood, he could never imagine being hurt so bad like she was. Draco knew Hermione had loved Ron and was now hurt beyond repair.

"Why would he do that? He kissed that ---? He is such a ---! Even I wouldn't do that." Hermione let out a soft chuckle at Draco, but it turned back into a sob. "How about we have some of that Muggle drink? Hot chocolate?" Draco offered. He couldn't believe himself. What was he doing, being so nice to a Mudblood? Hermione nodded and sat down at the table, trembling.

Draco went to the kitchen to begin to make it, but he heard a loud knock on the door. He rushed over to the door and looked in the peephole. Draco walked over to Hermione and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the door. When she saw who it was, she hugged Draco again, who squeezed her back.

*********************************

Ron/Lavendar

Ron had quit crying, but had taken a seat on a large rock near his cabin. What had he done? "How can I fix it? "Ron wondered aloud. No sooner had the words left his mouth he had an idea.

Ron stood up and rubbed his numb arms. He set off towards Hermione's cabin, hoping Hermione would listen to his side of the story and believe him. He went to knock, but stopped. I can do this, he thought. He knocked.

Draco's eye appeared in the peephole, then Hermione's. Hers was red and puffy. Ron heard muffled argueing, but then the door opened. Draco held Hermione protectively in his arms. Ron gasped.

"Why are you here?" Draco asked, for Hermione was busy rubbing tears off her face.

"I need to speak to Hermione." Ron announced. Draco scoffed, and Hermione pushed away from Draco.

"What, Ron?" She said coldly. Ron knew it was futile the moment he heard Hermione's tone, but he went on.

"I didn't mean to kiss Lavendar. She pulled me onto her, and we accidentally kissed. I didn't pull away because I was shocked. I am so sorry I hurt you, Hermione. I love you." Ron said, going to hug Hermione, but she backed into Draco's arms.

It was Hermione's turn to scoff. "We accidentally kissed! I love you, Hermione!" She imitated Ron. "Puh-lease. You hurt me. I cant ever take you back, knowing what you did. Goodbye, Ron."

Draco then gave him the wait sign. He ushered Hermione into her room, closed the door, then turned on Ron. Draco grabbed the front of Ron's shirt and pushed him against the wall.

"Why would you hurt her like that? That was foul and cruel. She doesn't want to see you." Draco said. Ron drew a deep breath.

"Why are you standing up for her, Slytherin?" Ron snapped. Draco hadn't prepared for this, and their was silence while he searched himself for the answer.

"I guess I have had a change of heart." Draco answered thoughtfully. "Now get out before you hurt Hermione more." Ron reluctantly left, trudging back to his own cabin.

If that's how they want to play it, that's how they'll get it.

************************************

Hey guys! Like Draco in this? I sure do! Maybe you will see a sneak peek of Dumbledore in the next few chappies!

                                                           -that_little_bookworm