Back at School

Hermione sprinted across the ground into the safety of the castle. She stormed into the Gryffindor common room and plopped into a chair by the fireplace. Tears fell from her eyes. Ron, the one she had always loved, or Draco, her newfound love? She wanted to pick Ron, but what he did was unacceptable. And picking Draco would mean more rude comments towards her and him. Hermione decided to go to Dumbledore; she couldn't see another option.

She ran past the gargoyles, who weirdly had jumped away at the sight of her, and into his office. Dumbledore offered her a seat, which she took.

"I can't choose!" Hermione exclaimed, tears pouring into her lap. Dumbledore peered at her over his glasses. He conjured up a box of tissues and handed them to her. Hermione hastily wiped her eyes.

"A time will come, Miss Granger, when the boy you shall be with shall present himself, rising above the other. It will be soon." Dumbledore replied after a long silence. "Now, you need your rest. Go to bed."

*************************************

The next day, Hermione trudged into the Great Hall reluctantly, taking a seat between Harry and Ron. Ginny and Harry avoided each other's gazes. Hermione absently stared at Draco at the Slytherin table. Draco gave her a wink.

"So, Hermione, on a scale of one to ten, how bad was your stay at the cabins?" Harry questioned. Hermione looked down and blushed. She mumbled something.

"Eh." There was a silence. Finally, "What did you and Ginny do?" Hermione asked him. Both Harry and Ginny blushed, and Hermione could infer. She giggled.

"How was your's, Ron?" Harry asked. Ron just gave him a dirty looked and stormed out of the Hall. Draco followed him. Hermione looked up to see the two boys walking out. Oh no, she thought. She flew out of the Hall, following the boys into an empty corridor.

"Why are you following me, Malfoy? Ever heard the term private space?" Ron snapped.

"You know, I think I have... Expelliarmus!" Draco yelled. Ron's wand flew behind him, and he scrambled to get it. Hermione made a noise between a cry and a whimper.

"No." She whispered inaudibly. The boys shot spells at each other (Stupefy! Impedimenta! Petrificus Totalus!), until Draco was backed against the wall, Ron a few feet away from him, his wand facing Draco's heart.

"Gonna be hard to love Hermione when you have no memory." Ron laughed cruelly.

"No!" Hermione yelled. She jumped in front of Draco as Ron muttered the spell.

"Obliviate!"

*******************************

Like? Vote and comment!

                   -that_little_bookworm