What?

"What in Merlin's pants are you doing, Ron?" Hermione and Draco yelled together, although Draco said Pansy in place of Ron. They broke away, mischevious grins plastered on their faces.

"Oh, after you rudely dumped me for the ugly Mudblood," Draco started towards Pansy, but Hermione grabbed his robes, shaking her head. "I found my little Ronnie-poo, and we were just kissing." Hermione let out a small whimper that nobody noticed. She blinked back angry tears.

"Oh yeah. I see you are all about the ladies. Date em for a week, move on to the next unexpecting witch. You are such a *beep*." Hermione snapped. Ron bit his cheek. Gosh, she is so pretty when she is angry. Ron thought. He shook his head to clear his mind. No. I am over her.

"I am, aren't I. Totally understandable. I'm one, but the girl standing in front of me who ditched the one she loved for a bouncing ferret isn't. Obviously." Ron said lazily. Draco and Hermione couldn't hold it back anymore.

With a sharp jab of their wands, Pansy was turned into a toad and Ron was turned into a weasel. They must have picked a very bad time to curse the pair though, because a second later, Dumbledore jumped into the room, his wand held high.

"To my office, please." He told the four, turning Ron and Pansy back to normal. His voice, Hermione noted, sounds oddly urgent and uncalm. This will not be good.

In Dumbledore's office, the four of them took a seat. Dumbledore seemed to have his eyes on Hermione. Draco noticed this and put a protective arm around Hermione, making Ron groan inaudibly. Pansy sniffed as she observed the cluttered room. After a long and akward silence, Dumbledore spoke.

"Slythindor. That is you, Hermione. Am I correct?" Hermione gave a hesitant nod. "Well, I hate to say this, but you are in grave danger. Oh, blimey, I sound like Sybill with Harry in my class." He chuckled. Draco, Ron, and Hermione looked at Dumbledore, shocked, but Pansy just picked at the fingernails on her right hand.

"Wha- why?" Draco asked. Dumbledore sighed.

"Well, I hate to say this too, but a certain someone is looking for Slythindors." Dumbledore announced. Hermione bit her lip.

"I thought I was the only one." Hermione replied. Dumbledore let out a long sigh.

"I am afraid that was just a story, Miss Granger. Many others have been, they are just more unknown. Miss Emma Grim, Mr. Alleroy Duncan, Mr. Jim Natoy, Miss Harmony Wellows, the list goes on and on. Most of them are dead, because they have already been tracked by this person. Surprisingly enough, most of them are magnificent Muggle-borns. Hm." Dumbledore sat down in his seat. Hermione looked around. Ron was maintaining a face that looked as though he was very angry, while Draco had his head in his hands, deep in thought. Pansy looked very uninterested. Might as well joke about it. She thought.

"I guess I-" Hermione couldn't finish because she had burst into tears. So much for a joke. Hermione thought as Draco hugged her. Ron looked at them jealously.

"Sh, sh. Its okay, we'll protect you." At Draco's words, a. flashback popped into Hermione's head.

Harry and Ron instinctively moved closer to her, as if to shield her.

"I will ask to take Malfoy's place, or let you move into our cabin! I will do anything for you, Hermione!!! I love you." Ron yelled. Hermione turned around and kissed him on the lips. Ron and Hermione swayed as they kissed. Harry smiled and rolled his eyes. He loved the idea of Ron and Hermione, but the public affection was hilarious to him. It wasn't like Harry and Ginny kissed in the hallway. Ron broke away and pulled Hermione back into the Hall, racing towards Dumbledore. Harry followed them.

"Can Hermione move into our cabin, or I will take Malfoy's-" Ron began, interrupted by Dumbledore.

"I assure you, this arrangement is for the best. Miss Granger and Mr. Malfoy need to, ah, work things out." Dumbledore said calmly.

"But he said he'd kill her!!!!" Ron yelled, attracting the attention of a group of 5th years near them, who looked worried. Dumbledore just smiled.

"I shall have a word with Mr. Malfoy, and I am sure he will not lay a finger on Miss Granger." Dumbledore replied, then muttered, "Until they fall for each other."

Hermione jumped up. Dumbledore had been right. He was always right. Also, all those she loved wanted to protect her. but that couldn't happen. She would not have Draco or Ron die for her. Hermione gripped the door handle and swung the door open, disappearing in the darkness.

Hermione would handle this alone.

****************************************

Vote, comment, follow, read on. I still need comments on who prefers Dramione or Romione so I know who to continue with! Or I will pick it myself, your choice.

                                             -that_little_bookworm