Previously on Promise Me:

"What the hell is he doing?!" Reiner asked Annie in a low voice in order to make sure she was the only one who heard him. "It looks like a confession." She answered, watching intently as Bertholdt and Phoenix discussed something, both if them blushing. "Oh sh*t! I think they're about-" Reiner's sentence was cut short when their (Phoenix and Bertholdt) lips met.

It was short but sweet, in their opinions. "Daisuki, Bertholdt." Phoenix said out loud. She knew what it meant and she knew that Bertholdt couldn't understand her language, so her supposed secret was safe for the time being. "I-I don't understand." Bertholdt replied, still trying to get over the fact he had just kissed Phoenix and not the other way around. "It's nothing important." Phoenix lied. Bertholdt nodded and walked away to continue what he was doing.

Phoenix watched him leave with a ghost of a smile gracing her lips. She place a hand over her heart as her smile grew wider. Everything had changed, in her heart, she knew at that very moment, that Bertholnix was officially canon.

Phoenix frowned visibly as the man before them continued to teach them about the Titans. What was irritating her was the fact that he, every once in a while, would find a way to slip in his own opinions about them.

You humans are the real monsters.

Phoenix thought as she grabbed two fistfuls of her waist-length hair, trying to keep her cool but failing horribly. She drummed on the table, tapped her foot and took deep breaths but nothing seemed to be working. The person beside her noticed her actions and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked in a soothing voice which Phoenix didn't take too kindly to.

"Get your dirty hands off me, you filthy human!" She hissed and stood up, grabbing everyone's attention. "Cadet Yukimaru! What's all this noise about?!" Their teacher asked in an irritated tone. "I'm surrounded by you disgusting creatures!" Phoenix exclaimed, insulting all of humanity with just a few words. "You. . .you're insulting my people! Calling them bloodthirsty monsters, when it's in fact you and your kind that are the monsters here!" Everyone was taken aback by Phoenix's sudden outburst. People like Eren had to be held back.

"If I'm reading between the lines correctly, you're saying that you're a titan worshipper. If you are, why would you join the cadets?" Their teacher asked, raising a brow. Phoenix kept her head down, gripping her table so hard, it cracked beneath the pressure. "I'm only here because my idiotic sisters turned their backs on their people and dragged me into it!" Phoenix confessed, shocking everyone even more.

She had just called her sisters 'idiotic'.

"Phoenix." Tiamat said, sounding hurt. "That. . .was cold." Aruru continued, sounding hurt as well. "You know we don't approve of what they do." Sylph concluded, she was hurt, yes, but didn't show any signs of it. "Shut up, all four of you!" Their teacher snapped, eager to get back to the lesson. "Okay then." Phoenix obliged. "I'll shut up." She sat down again and the lesson continued immediately afterwards.

"Hey, Bertholdt, you wanna switch?" The girl beside Phoenix whispered. "Um, alright." Bertholdt nodded, packing his things and silently exchanging seats with the girl.

"So, you were scared?" Phoenix bent over and whispered in the girl's ear. "N-no! Who gave you that ridiculous idea?" She denied at once. "Don't lie to me, I know you're scared to even be in the presence of a Yukimaru." She continued, a somewhat psychopathic grin visible on her features. "Admit it, the very though of being beside one of us terrifies you. You're scared, don't deny it, I can tell." She continued, that psychopathic grin never leaving her face. "You're afraid that I'll burn you or Tiamat will drown you or Aruru will crush you or Sylph with suffocate you. You're afraid we'll kill you. Well guess what? I'm just about ready to burn everyone here."