Previously on Promise Me:

Silence ensued barely a second later. "Bertl." Phoenix said, poking his shoulder. "Ye - Nmph!" Bertholdt's reply was cut short when Phoenix grabbed his collar and pulled him into a kiss. Bertholdt was stunned for a fraction of a second before processing what was happening then snaking his arms around her waist, deepening the kiss. He slid his tongue over her bottom lip, asking for entrance. Phoenix smiled into the kiss, refusing to let him have his way, making Bertholdt more determined to do just that. One of his hands moved from Phoenix's waist down to her ass and gave it a slight squeeze. The said girl gasped slightly at the sudden action, giving Bertholdt an opportunity to push his tongue inside, which he gladly took. The taller male flicked his tongue over her's and explored corners of her mouth nobody else would have dared to unless they had a death wish.

Unbeknown to the couple, two people going by the names of Reiner and Annie were watching the two make out with more than just a hint of jealousy in their eyes.

Phoenix stared down at the pieces of metal resting on her table, an annoyed sigh escaped her lips as she tried yet again to put two random pieces of metal together. But alas, she couldn't do it. With another annoyed sigh, Phoenix let the pieces of metal fall to her table once more before giving up completely. She rested her cheek on the palm of her right hand then used a finger on her free hand to twirl a strand of her now fully purple hair.

The cadets had been the given the task of making their own gear an hour ago, and Phoenix was the only one who couldn't seem to get anything right. However, she did manage to put a few pieces together, but common sense had suggested that they would go together, seriously, Connie had put the same pieces Phoenix had put together within the first few minutes of his arrival, and Connie was unmistakably a pure idiot.

If Connie was a pure idiot and had put those pieces together easily then moved on, what did that make Phoenix?

The purest of idiots, that's what.

Phoenix thought to herself. A few cadets had already began to leave the cabin to enjoy the rest of the day doing what they pleased and neither of them had enough decency to even offer Phoenix some help.

Humans these days.

Another set of cadets exited the cabin, also without enough decency to help Phoenix when she so desperately needed them.

At a point, when yet another group of cadets had begun to leave, one of them turned around and marched over to Phoenix, giving her the impression that he had realized what the right thing to do was.

She was terribly mistaken.

Apparently, how to manufacture the gear had been taught in the lesson she had chosen not to listen to since it involved her oh so precious Titans and how they were monsters, the boy had told her and had continued with a smirk as he added, "Of course, we couldn't have expected you to understand what he was teaching even though you were listening, since you're a Titan - like you told us - that means you're just as stupid as they are."

That earned him a one - way ticket to the infirmary.

Phoenix had been pulled out of her supposed flashback by Shardis, who was yelling at a cadet, who, surprisingly, wasn't Phoenix but was Aruru. Keith and the Yukimaru quadruplets were related, that much was true, but he didn't treat them differently. Phoenix's 'pep talk' on their first day had discouraged him.

Apparently, he was yelling at Aruru because she hadn't even touched a piece of metal, much less put two pieces together. Papa Baldy seemed to have forgotten that Aruru was blind. But that was expected because she had given off the impression that she could just as well as he did, that meant they hadn't explained how Aruru could see even though she was blind. (A/N I know this might be a tad confusing but it will be explained later in the chapter.)