Aries

Adria's P.O.V.

This was paradise. Complete and utter paradise. There was no other way to explain it.  From the way the mountains framed the sky, leaving a gap just big enough in the north that you could see the way the colors changed and bleed out from that brilliant blue to the more intense dark orange and pink. There was a small waterfall, deep and exquisite, clear as could be that fell into a small body of water that seemed endless. The water cool and crisp, just what was needed for the endless summers here. And to top it all off, everything was framed with trees as far as the eye could see. As, I was saying, paradise. As far as I knew I was the only one that has found it so far and I hoped it stayed that way, I stumbled across my oasis when I was 7 and have continually visited as often as I could. It was perfect for my kind. The only problem was that it was just past the pack lands border, so technically, I wasn't safe here. But, it also happened to be at the very back of the pack's land, which stretched for miles with nothing but more dense forest to keep you company, so I wasn't exactly worried about being stumbled upon by outsiders. No one would dare try to get this close to our pack house, not while Rhett was our Alpha. Our pack was very old and very strong, filled with warriors and a deep bond between its members.

"Adria, Danger! Hurry!" My thoughts instantly float away  as my dads voice lingered.  With dread in my stomach and urgency in my actions, I shift allowing my wolf to take over.

Instantly, I feel the power she brings me. My sense of smell heightens, my hearing enhancing beyond anything my human ears allow, I see everything as if it's in slow motion. Everything seems alive and vibrant, while in wolf form. It really makes you wistful when you have to go back to walking on two legs, we all miss it, but thankfully even in human form we feel our wolves. Feel their emotions, their power, hear their thoughts. 

My father's voice fills my head once again, this time his voice laced with much more urgency than before. "Adria, Rogues. Run. I can feel you outside of the border of our lands, run as fast as you can."

My reaction is instantaneous, my muscles clenching and then releasing as I pound my paws against the forest floor, I let out a low growl at the thought of the Rogues heading towards our land. A threat to our people, one that we couldn't allow to enter our lands, but a threat big enough that Alpha would have everyone that wasn't a warrior rounded up and barricaded into the packs underground bunkers. Every warrior, including the Alpha, would be standing guard at the front borders of our pack land. My dad, as the Beta, would be standing alongside them.

Sensing I was close to the border of my land, I reach out to my father. "Dad, where am I requested to go? I'm about to cross into our land from the East."

His response was immediate. "Your brothers will come to escort you to the pack house, little one."  I could hear the tenseness in his voice, I had no doubt in my mind that he'll be lecturing me about the danger I put myself in by crossing out of our land without an escort after everything settles down.

As soon as I cross over onto our land two massive wolves are running along either side of me, both of them comfortably familiar. My brothers. I could feel the disapproval coming off of them in waves, I whine softly at them as we continued to run. My older brother, Austin, playfully shoves me while we continued to run showing me that, while he disapproves, all was forgiven. But, as the pack house comes into view so does the crowd gathered on the south side of our border.

"Sawyer's come stand behind us. Do not shift. The rouge might not be able to notice your sister is among you. The bunker has been closed, it will not be opened again until I know the threat is over." Alpha Blake's voice rang in my head, distain evident in his voice, he did not like that three 19 year olds were left out in the middle of this. Let alone that those same three 19 year olds were all his Beta's children. We have been causing him trouble since the day we were born.