Stripped

Adria's P.O.V.

Needless to say, I stayed exactly where I was. Aries sighed, his features falling ever so slightly. And then his eyes flickered to my Alpha. I was momentarily forgotten as Aries molten eyes peered down at Alpha Blake with distaste, his face contorting as he let his displeasure with the Alpha show. "Rhett Blake, your blood line is strong but your intentions are not pure. You do not hold this packs safety and wellbeing as the priority it should be," Aries walked over to Alpha Blake who was kneeling on the ground now as he spoke, placing his right hand on Alpha Blake's shoulder he continued, "I, Aries the first descendant of Malcom Moon, hereby strip you of your title of Alpha."

I gasped, along with everyone standing around me, feeling the link I had with Alpha Blake bend and then shatter. I looked up at my father who was staring at Aries with a look of wonder on his face. This was utterly perplexing. Only the Elders had the right to strip the title of an Alpha and even then it was almost unheard of. Our Alphas were our lifelines. The ones who protected and lead us in our times of need. We needed an Alpha to keep us structured and civilized. A pack without an Alpha would turn into nothing. Everything would be in disarray.

My father dropped my hand and took a step towards Aries, "Aries Moon?" He whispered, looking at Aries with an, dare I say it, awed expression.

Aries nodded his head slowly, his eyes glancing around the wooded clearing that our pack house stood on like he was wary of someone saying his name even as a whisper. His eyes left my fathers to glance down at Alpha Blake, who was howling in pain, still kneeling on the ground gripping his chest like Aries had just took a piece of him.

Alpha Blake steely gaze meet his eyes. "What are you?" He snarled.

Aries shook his head. "This is not the time or the place for that, Rhett Blake," Golden eyes meet my fathers once more. "Alpha Sawyer, would you please escort us into your pack house? I promise to you that no harm shall come to any of you from I nor my companions. I would like a chance to explain things more fully to you and your daughter."

My father's gray eyes grazed my face, searching to see if I was willing to hear this strange man out. I bit my lip, but nodded slowly. He was my mate, after all. I couldn't turn him away now, no matter what he had done. My fathers lips rose ever so slightly. "I'm proud of you, little one. You're being so brave, if he is who I think he is, our worlds are about to change."

Gratitude and love flowed through me as my fathers voice floated around in my head. I gave him a wide smile, "I love you, papa."

He glanced back at Aries. "We will hear you out, but first I want to take Rhett somewhere where he will be safe," I could hear the sadness in my fathers voice. He and Alpha Blake were lifelong friends and seeing him stripped of something that was such an essential part of him was something my father hadn't enjoyed witnessing. "Agreed?"

Aries nodded his head. "Of course, Alpha Sawyer. My companions and I shall wait here until you return."

My father acted immediately, he helped Alpha Blake get to his feet, swinging his arm around the man who was still clutching his chest. Alpha Blake looked at Aries as he passed, "This isn't over." Aries just chuckled a little bit not at the least worried about my former Alpha, his companions however let out vicious snarls moving towards Alpha Blake. Aries held out his hand to them, glaring hard, as he shook his head. Looking displeased, they both took their places beside Aries but made no further movement towards Alpha Blake.

My father made his way towards our group, directing his commands towards the warriors that still surrounded my brothers and I. "Darren, come with me. The rest of you stay here with our visitors."

The warriors nodded as Darren joined my father. "Kids, go get clothes from your rooms and meet me back here when I link you."

My brother stayed beside me as I made my way up the path of the pack house, only daring a backwards peak at Aries right as I was about to pass over the threshold of the grand doors. Of course, he was already staring at me. He smiled a soft smile, seeing that I was trying my best to sneak a peek at him when he wasn't looking. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at that smile. I smiled back at him softly. My wolf purred, letting me know she approved of how I was treating our mate. She wanted to stay with him, but knowing that we would soon be in his presence again was enough for her to not grow unsettled.

I rubbed Andrews fur as he walked beside me up the stairs. Something told me, that he would wait outside my door while I changed and then go change himself when Austin joined me. He let out a playful growl, his wolf's blue eyes meeting my own. I smiled softly at him as we made our way to my door. He nudged my legs softly when I opened the door and I let out a laugh. As I predicted he stayed at my door while I went inside. Grabbing some shorts and leaving the shirt my dad had given me on, I took a minute to throw my hair in a bun and put on my shoes. As I finished I sat down on the edge of my bed suddenly overcome with emotions. I found my mate which should be something I wanted to celebrate, but I was just confused. How did he have the power to strip the Alpha title from a natural born Alpha? As far as I knew, either the Elders had to take it away or you had to be challenged and beat for the title. Why was my father ready to fight one minute and in awe the next at the mention of the Aries name? What was up with his weird tattoo soundly expanding on his arm to mine? What would happen to Alpha Blake now? What would happen to me now that I found my mate? Would I have to go with him? Why was he here in the first place? I let out a frustrated sigh as I raked a hand down my face. This was all so confusing! My head was going to explode from all the pressure of all the questions tumbling around in it. Seriously, I needed to get a grip.

A knock on my door shifted my thoughts away for a moment. Austin's voice floated into the room. "Adria? Are you ready?"

I sighed once again before hauling myself to my feet. Opening the door, I was meet with my brothers blue eyes. "I'm ready, Aussy."

His eyes scanned my face as his brow furrowed. "Are you okay?"

I bit my lip, "I'm fine, it's just that I'm confused about what's going to happen now," Austin frowned a little before pulling me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him enjoying the comfort my brother always seemed to bring me as I continued. "I'm scared, Aussy, I know he's my mate but that doesn't change the fact that he still scares me."

He pulled back, looking into my eyes before he replied. "It's going to be okay, I know that right now things seem a little out of whack. But, maybe, once we learn more about him it won't be as confusing for you or for anyone anymore. I trust dad and he seems to know something we do not."

I nodded, "I trust dad," Andrew joined us outside my door as I continued. "Dad seemed off after hearing his name, don't you think? I've never seen him act like that before."

They both nodded their heads, but Andrew was the one who answered. "Yeah, he was acting really weird, for sure."

"We are in my office, come when you are finished." My dads voice echoed in my head for the millionth time today and butterflies erupted once again at his words but I smiled at my brothers.

"Come on, guys, let's go figure out what the hell is going on."

Whatever was happening at least I had my brothers and my dad there to support and help me through it. It was time to figure out the mysterious figure that was my mate.