6

Percy PoV

"What are you doing?" Mummy growled.
"Who are you?" The woman that hit the girl hissed.
"I am Zoë Nightshade, Luitenant of the hunt." Zoë stated confidently.
While the attention was on Mummy, Zoë and Phoebe, I snuck 'round to the little girl.
"Hi, I'm Percy. Don't make a noise and follow me." I recited while covering her mouth with my hand. She nodded slowly, so I took my hand away.
"I'm Danny. How old are you?" Danny asked.
"Two and a half. How ol' are you?"
"I turned nine a few days ago." Just as I thought. "You're a little young to be wrapped up in this sort of thing." She gestured to my mummy and friends.
"They my family." I simply stated. I started to walk around the bushes again until we were stood behind mummy again.
"You have no rights to do this."
"It is my duty to protect innocent girls." I grunted at mummy's answer. "And in occasion, little boys too." She added.
"Mummy, we go back now, I want my nap."
"Phoebe, take my son and the girl back to camp."
"Yes MiLady." She turned to us, I thrust my arms in the air as indication that I wanted to be carried back. I got what I wanted. "Come, let us leave this place." I nodded and yawned. I liked my job in the hunt. Mummy and the huntresses did the rescuing while I did the introducing. It made them less scared when a little person helps.

"You are a tired little thing, aren't you?" Phoebe said gently. I yawned again and let Morpheus take over. I slept nicely in Phoebe's arms for I don't know how long but when I woke up she was still holding me and the little girl from earlier was wearing a Hunters uniform.
"Morning sleeping beauty." Phoebe joked. I yawned in response. "That was a long nap." I nodded. "Dinner'll be ready in half and hour. Your mummy wants to see you."
"Why?" I asked sleepily.
"I don't know buddy, why don't you run as fast as you can to the tent you two share?"
"Okay!" I quickly made my way to mine and mummy's tent and went inside. Mummy was sleeping on her bed. I clambered onto her bed and wiggled under her arms for a hug. I don't get as many hugs as I used to. Just as my eyes started to droop, mummy woke up and pulled me into an upright position.

She sat cross legged facing me in her twenty year old form. I climbed onto her lap and snuggled close to her for another cuddle.
"I love you mummy."
"I love you too Percy."
"What's 'ong?"
"Nothings wrong bud. It's just, my father being paranoid."
"Para what now?"
"Paranoid Percy. It means he has a high sense of self importance and will eliminate all threats to his position as king."
"I don't know what any of that means but okay mummy. Is there a thing I do to help?"
"No honey, this isn't your problem okay?" I gave mummy a weird look but nodded.
"Mummy, Phee say you need see me."
"Yes, I need to tell you something very important to me."
"Is it a secret?" I whispered.
"Not really."
"Oh."
"Percy, do you know how proud of you I am?"
"A small Percy sized bit."
"No, a very big about. Bigger then you can fathom."
"What fafon mean?"
"Fathom, is another word for imagine in simple words okay?"
"Yes mummy."
"Now, you must never forget what I just told you.'
"That fafon means imagine."
"No, that I am immensely proud of you." She smiled and hugged me close.
"Why?"
"Because you are my perfect little boy."
"I love you mummy. You perfet too." I heard my mum laugh as I hugged her close.