Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

"Why are you carrying me?" I ask him. "You passed out. So I carried you" "well... You could put me down now..." "No... You're burning up, Y/N. Please let me carry you" he plead again. I'm too weak to argue. I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder "fine...." I say. He smile. "don't get use to this! I still haven't forgive you!" I told him. He sigh and nod "I know..." He mumbled. We continue our way to find a shelter. I'm still on Carl's back along the way. He refused to let the others to carry me, even though he's already exhausted. "Why do you insist on carrying me? You're tired, aren't you?" I ask him. "I am... But I don't care... This is the only chance I have to be this close to you" he answer. "Carl...." I say his name softly. Slowly drifting back to sleep on his shoulder.

-Forgiving-

Y/N P.O.V

Carl is still carrying me on his back. We still haven't found a shelter and it's starting to get dark. "Carl... Take a break. You've been carrying me for a while" I told him. I can hear his heavy breathing. "She's right Carl. Let me carry her.." Glenn said. Carl just shook his head in return. "No... I want to carry her. I don't know when will I able to get this close to her again" is his reply. We just stayed silent after that, not knowing what to say.

"Carl.... Why are you so persistent on making me to forgive you?" I ask him. "Because I love you, Y/N. I want to have a chance to be with you again" he say softly. "Carl... Is that how much you loved me?" "I love you more than I love myself Y/N. That's why I got sick that time, remember?" He said referring to the day I visit the prison when he got sick. The day I lost Alex. "Yeah... How could I not remember that day? I lost Alex..." I answer as I start to tear up. "You still love him, do you?" "Yeah... I do" "is there no more love for me in your heart, Y/N?" He said solemnly. I froze.... Do I? I stayed silent not noticing it make Carl even more sad. I do... I still love Carl.

"I do..." I say quietly. He turn to me and stare at me in shock "you do? You really do?!" He ask... I can see the happiness in his eyes. I nod, smiling at him. He put me down and turn around to face me. He hug me tightly and pick me, twirling around. "Carl I'm dizzy enough! Don't make me get more dizzy" he stop and put me down but didn't release me from his tight hug. "Does that mean... You'd forgive me?" I nod my head against his chest. He let me go and start jumping around, cheering. Since I'm still dizzy I stumble, luckily Glenn caught me. "Hey!! I know you're happy. But do you have to let her go. She's sick dude. She barely able to stand up on her own and stop being so loud do you want to attract walkers?!" Glen scold him. Carl instantly stop jumping around and run to me, pulling me into his embrace "sorry..." I just giggle and hug him back. "You're such a dork!" I say against his chest. He just chuckle in respond, pulling me closer if that's even possible. He place his head on top of mine. The rest of the group stare at us with a soft smile on each of their faces.

He pulled away after a while and look at me "Y/N.... Will you be my girlfriend again?" He ask. His eyes is full of hope. "Let me think...." I say putting a thinking face. He pout in return. I giggle and wrap my arm around his neck "yes... Yes, I will" I say. The group cheer at us. I blush and hide my face deeper into Carl's chest. He chuckles and hug me tightly. He pulled away slightly and give a longing kiss, pouring his emotion into the kiss. "Get a room you two" Daryl exclaim. "We would if there's any room" Carl told him. I just blush and smack his shoulder. "We just got together today and you already flirt with me? Tch." I say being sarcastic. He laugh and wrap his arm around my shoulder. He put his hand on my forehead "wow, Y/N.... Your fevers gone" I look at him surprise "really?" "Yeah..."

I heard chuckle. I turn to see Daryl. "what are you laughing about?" I ask him. "Even sickness wants you two to be back together. Now that it thinks it's works is done it left" he said between laughter. I just roll my eyes at him. Carl smile at his joke and wrap his arm tighter around me, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

'Alex... I hope you're seeing me now.... I love you... And I'm trying to move on and continue with my life just like you want me too' I thought looking up the sky. I felt a kiss on my cheek, I turn to see a silhouette of Alex looking at me with a smile. "I can hear your thought Y/N... I'm happy to see you finally continuing your life. I love you too" he said before vanishing. A tear escape my eye and Carl notice it, he wipes it with his thumb gently "what's wrong, Y/N?" "I just the soul of Alex" I say. "You do?" I nod. "What did he say?" "He say that he's happy to see me finally able to continue my life. He also say that he'll always love me" I say. Carl just hug me "he will love you always and so am I. I love you... Y/N. So much" I hug him back "I love you too, Carl"

*to be continued*