Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

Then we pull away for air. He doesn't need to breathe. But I do. He smiles at me and place another soft kiss on my forehead. He pulls me closer. I lean my head against his chest. Even though he no longer have a heartbeat... This is still comforting. I smile as I close my eyes and slowly drift of to sleep.

-Conflicts-

Y/N P.O.V

I don't know how long has it been since we live on the streets. It felt long, but I don't know. I don't find it necessary to keep track on time... The world we know is long gone.

We continue to survive like we used to. But since it's been a while. Surviving feels hard now. Maybe because we have lived in Alexandria for quite some time. Which makes  of us forgot what's it like to be on the street, battling for our life against the walkers. They underestimate everything... They take it so lightly. They think we can live in Alexandria forever. But I know we couldn't. Alexandria is merely a temporary shelter. There's no such thing as safe haven. Soon or later everything will come to an end.

We keep on going, trying to find the next 'home' for us to rest. The temperature is really cold. But after being with Alex for a while, it didn't bother me anymore. I actually enjoyed the cold now.

As always... Whenever I felt tired. Alex would always give me a piggyback ride. I kind of feel bad for him to carry me all the time... But he assures that it's fine. He always said that I weight like nothing. He's a vampire after all. He could lift a truck if he wants to. But the others doesn't know that. They didn't know that Alex is a vampire. They still think he's a normal person... Like us. I wonder how they would react when they find out. But at the same time... I don't want to know.

"Alex..." I call out. "Hm?" He respond. My legs just gave out a while ago. So Alex is giving me a piggyback ride along the way. But my legs are  okay now. So I think I could walk on my own. "Can you put me down now?" I asks. He turn his head slightly to look at me. "are you sure you can walk?" He asks. I nod my head "yeah... I think so" I said. "Okay... Lets try..." He said. He crouch down so I could climb of his back.

I take a step forward only to stumble. But he caught me before I could fall over. "See? You're not okay..." He said. I huffed as he make me get on his back again.

"Why do you insist on walking on your own... When you know you're not fit yet?" He said. I lay my head on his shoulder. "Because I don't want you to carry me all the time..." I said. He look at me with a raise eyebrow."You don't like it?" He asks. "No... I do like it. But..." I said. He wait for me to continue. I lean closer to his ear. "You never seem tired of carrying me... I don't want them to  suspect you... They don't know who you are... Remember?" I said. He hums in respond. "So that's the problem..." He said. I just nod my head.

"Don't think about it..." He said. "But..." I said. "Y/N... It's okay..." He said. I huffed and lay my head on his shoulder. "Get some sleep if you're tired..." He said, softly. I nod my head "okay..." I said. Soon, I dozed off.

Alex P.O.V

I turn my head slightly when I heard a soft snore coming from her. I smile at her sleeping form. She looks so peaceful. 'Y/N... I never know its possible to love someone this much until I met you... The world we know has long gone... Those filthy walkers lurking around, trying to devour every human they come across with. But don't worry... I won't let any of them get to you... I'll protect you at all caused. I love you so much, Y/N...' I thought to myself.

I turn my head as I feel someone is glaring at me. Just as I thought... It was none other than Carl. I roll my eyes at him. This guy... He really thinks he could intimidate me? I could easily kill him if I want to. Killing him would be as easy as snapping a toothpick. Oh... How much I want to just kill him... That guy hurts Y/N so many times. But being a really kind-hearted person she is... She keeps forgiving him only to get hurt again.... What a dipshit...' I thought to myself as I walk silently. Since Y/N has fallen asleep, I got no one to talk to. I have my friends but I'd rather to talk with Y/N. She gives me comfort. But she always gives me comfort just by being near me. Her scent... For some reason didn't affect me. She's different.... She doesn't have the sweet scent of blood like human does. Which is weird. But I don't care... It makes me feel relief... Because I wouldn't be attacking her.

Time-skip

It was night time. My friends helped me set up the tent. Y/N is still sleeping. I place her in my lap as I wait for them to finish up the tent.

"It's done, Alex..." One of them said. "Okay..." I said. I pick her up bridal style and carry her to the tent. I place her gently and slowly so I don't wake her up. I smile softly and lean down to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

Then I get up to leave the tent. I need to check to see if this spot is really safe. I always to it without Y/N... I don't want to bring her incase something happens. My friends will be looking after her, so I don't have to worry so much. But I will always be worry.

As I walk... I know someone is following me. But I don't pay a mind to them. I can't let them know that I know they're following. They will start to suspect me. Then suddenly someone hits me with a baseball bat. I fall and pretend to groan in pain.

I open my eyes to see Carl. He glares at me. I get up "what's your problem??" I yell. Luckily I'm quite far from the camp. I don't want Y/N to get worried about this.

"You! You're the problem! Y/N will be back with me if it weren't because of you!" He yell at me. I scoff "me? You cause the trouble on your own! If you didn't hurt her... She would still be with you.... But I'm glad you do... Cause if you didn't... She'll be with you, then I couldn't have her... So blame yourself for your foolish doing!" I yell back at him.

He lets out a growl. Then he advance at me. Is this guy really gonna put up a fight against me? Tch... It will be really easy. It won't be a fair match. He's a weak human.... a foolish human.

*to be continued*