Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"I know... I know... But they are nothing compare to me" he said. I look at him in confused. "If I show you... Will you promise not to be afraid of me?" He asks. I nod my head. Then his eyes turns blood red. I step back in shock. "W-wha?" I said in shock. "Don't be afraid, Y/N... This is the real me. I'm a pure blood vampire... That's why I'm still here" he said. "T-that... Explains why your whole body is so cold" I said. He nods his head. Then his face looks worried. "Are you scared?" He asks. I shook my head. "No... I know you wouldn't hurt me..." I said. He smiles and hugs me.

Then...

-Keeping You Safe... Is My Top Priority-

Y/N P.O.V

Alex turns his back on me. "Hop on..." He said. I look at him confuse. He turn his head to look at me. "You trust me, right?" He asks. I nod my head. I approach him slowly and get on his back.

He opens the window. "Hold your breath a little... This might suffocate you" he said. I cover my nose with my hand. Then he jump out of the window. Reaching the tree across from us.

He get a firm hold on the tree. He turns his head to look at me. "You okay?" He asks. "Y-yeah... I'm okay... I'm just shock..." I said, as I look at him wide-eyed. He chuckles "hold on, 'Kay?" He asks. I nod my head in respond. He climbs further up and sit me on the biggest branch. "This branch should be strong enough to hold you" he said. Then he hands me a gun. "I want you to wait here. Don't move much. Don't make too much noise, that will track those walkers, understand?" He asks. "W-where are you going?" I asks. "I need to go look for your Father" he said.

I nod my head "be careful" I said. He chuckles in respond. He kiss my forehead softly. Then he pulls away and looks at me with a smile. "Oh Y/N... Baby, You're forgetting what I am... I'm a vampire. I'm a lot stronger. Those stupid and filthy walkers can't get to me easily" he said. I nod my head in respond.

He jumps down and sped away. All I could see is a blur. He's so fast. I just stay on the tree. I watch as the walkers try to get to me. I hold onto the branch tightly, afraid that I would fall off.

Then I jump when someone comes on the tree. It's Alex. He looks down "I'm sorry..." He said. "What do you mean?" I asks. "I try to save your Father... But I was too late" he said. My eyes widened "no... H-He can't be..." I choked out. Alex pulls me into a hug. "Shh... I'm so sorry" he said. I just hug him back and cry into his chest. He doesn't seem to mind that his shirt is wet because of me.

"We need to get out of here" Alex said after a while. He pulls away and looks at me, he wipe my tears away. I look at him with my slightly teary eyes. "B-but... W-What about everyone else?" I asks. "My friends will be coming and they will save them... But I need to keep you safe... That's my top priority, Y/N" he said. I just nod my head. He turns around so I could get on his back. Once I did, he jumps down and start running at full speed, giving no chance for the walkers to catch up.

Time-skip

We come to a stop on top of a hill. Alex kept me in his arms. "Y/N... If you're feeling tired, just get some sleep" he said. I look at him, then nod my eyes. I snuggle closer to his side and close my eyes, slowly drift of to sleep.

When I wake up, it was night time. There's a bonfire in front of me. I get up and look around. "Alex?" I call out. Then someone caress my hair. "Shh... I'm right here, baby" I heard his voice behind me. I turn around and sigh in relief. "I thought you leave me..." I say in a low voice. "I would never leave you" he said, in a serious tone.

"Why are you keeping your distance from me?" I asks. He frowns "I'm a vampire, Y/N... I have a cold body... It's night time, which will be cold for you... I don't want to get you any colder than you already are... You'll get sick" He said. I just nod my head.

"M-my friends?" I question. He gesture behind him. He points behind him with his thumb.  "They're inside the tents. I wanna get you inside a tent... But the temperature is getting too cold... So I set up a sleeping back and keep you close enough to the fire to keep you warm..." He said. I nod my head "thank you... But I'm not really bothered by the cold... I'm used to it..." I said. "I know... But it's still not good for you to be in the cold for too long..." He said. I sigh and just nod my head at his respond.

He smiles and hand me a plate. "Here... Eat some..." He said. "The others?" I asks. "They have eaten theirs... I save some for you..." He said. I nod my head and take the plate from him. Then I start eating slowly.

I stare at the bonfire as I continue to eat. Alex is sitting next to me. "I just met my father... I can't believe I lost him again..." I said. I place the plate down, then I cover my face with my hands.

Alex place his hand around my shoulder. I lay my head on his. "I'm sorry for your lost... I'm sorry I couldn't save him..." He said. I'm warm enough to be held by him. I don't care about his cold body temperature.... I need someone to hold me... To comfort me. Alex is the one I needed. Without me knowing... Someone is staring at us.

Carl's P.O.V

Why did that guy have to be alive?! I almost got her back. Now he's ruining everything. Y/N... I'm so sorry... Please forgive me... Comeback to me. Don't leave me for this guy. You're suppose to be mine.

"I love you, Y/N..." I say in a low voice. I just hide myself behind the tree as I watch Alex holding the girl I love with all my heart. The girl I keep betraying. I'm such a fool. I really need her back with me. I'm gonna have her back. No matter what it takes.

*to be continued*