Chapter 4

School had just ended and before Riley could even stand up, Peter rushed out the door. She had noticed he seemed on edge the whole last class, but it was probably because he was anxious to leave. She decided to follow him. It took all of the power and strength to keep up with him. He was moving so fast. By the time she caught up with him, she was outside and alleyway and breathing heavy. Riley peered into it from outside the gate and saw Peter taking off his clothes. He was ripped. He put on the Spider-man suit and looked back quickly before slingshotting himself away. Riley's jaw dropped. That was one of the most peculiar things she ever saw in her life. She made her way back to school using Google maps since she hadn't the slightest idea where she was. 

Meanwhile, Peter was fighting crime already. He spotted Riley walking back to school and noticed it was odd. He wanted to go up to her and charm her with his Spider-man abilities, but stopped himself since it would be a douchey move.

When Riley go back, she gathered her things and headed out of school. Happy was waiting for her by a black car with tinted windows. He was always dressed in a suit, so obviously, attention was drawn to her.  However, the whole school knew by now her dad was Tony Stark, so it wasn't really an issue anymore.

She got home around one hour later and her dad was waiting for her at the front door. "Hey, Riley, how was your first day of school?" He asked her smiling. It was like kindergarten all over again.

"It was really great," Riley said. "I met Peter and we are actually having a study group tonight if that's okay with you."

"Yeah, sure. Not here though, I'm not going to be home and I don't want you guys alone," Tony says.

"Dad, we wouldn't do anything, I'm not like that, you should know by now. And we're going to his house anyway," Riley said.

"Okay, okay," Tony says, laughing. "Also, if his Aunt May says anything about a Stark Internship, pretend you didn't know about it. It's just his Spider-Man cover-up."

"Gotcha," Riley said. "I actually heard about that today in school from a kid named Flash. He seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about though. I'm going to go up to my room and start some homework." Unbelievable. Riley starts her first day of school and is already swamped with homework.

"That's my girl," Tony said, smiling at her. "If you need real help, come to me, not Peter. Because I know this "study sesh" isn't for academic purposes, so you kids have fun, but not too much fun."

"Dad, never say "sesh" again," Riley said, laughing. "And again, not like we are going to do anything."

"I was just trying to be a cool dad," Tony said. "I'll see you later, I have another business meeting." He was having a lot more business meetings than usual, hopefully, nothing serious was going to come up. We don't need another Green Goblin or Vulture. 

"Okay, see you later. Love you, Dad," Riley said, walking over to give her dad a quick hug. She never realized how much homeschooling brought kids closer to their parents, especially if they're an only child. She missed her dad so much today, and she didn't realize until right now. 

Tony hugged her back and said, "Love you too, Riley. Remember no parties-"

"No boys," Riley said, smiling. Her dad left and then Riley did what she had promised and went upstairs to her room to do her homework. She did all of it except math because she remembered when they received a test back today that Peter got an A on it, so she decided it would be best to get his "help" in math.

Before she knew it, it was 4 o'clock and she needed to leave. Peter had given her his address in 6th period. She typed it into her phone and got a ride from Pepper since Happy had to go to the meeting today.