Chapter 14

Getting home that day was not really pleasant for her. As soon as she stepped into the door, Tony was on her telling her to get changed into her training clothes, because they were going to the Headquarters. This made Riley mad in particular because he could have just picked her up from school and took her from there. 

She got changed anyway, into a black tank top and black spandex shorts. Obviously, since it was freezing outside she wore sweatpants and multiple layers over her top. When she got in the car ready to leave, her dad handed her the itinerary for the workout. She had to do 20 minutes of cardio of her choice, then she would spar with one of the bodyguards, and then spar with one of the Avengers, which didn't seem fair at all.

Arriving she actually got in her workout clothes, and then decided to run for ten minutes, and then do some sort of HIIT for the next 10. Before sparring her dad decided to throw in an extra tip or two on fighting. 

"Remember to punch from above, since he's way taller than you, and try to get him on the ground quickly, since it's easier to attack when you're above someone," Tony said, demonstrating the punch. Riley never saw the point of Tony needing to know how to fight, since the suit was so strong that he could knock someone cold with a weak punch. 

She just nodded and stepped on the mat, in a ready stance. Surprisingly, beating the bodyguard was easier than she thought. He made the first move. A punch aimed towards her stomach got her to dodge out of the way. Being small and fast was one of her benefits. She made a quick sprint behind him kicking his knee out from behind him, causing him to fall to the ground. While he was about to get up and grab her, she jumped onto his back, causing him to fall fully to the ground. She was above him about to pull him into a chokehold, when he flipped them over. She saw his weak point. Although he was above her, her legs were still free. She kneed him in the groin and flipped them, pulling the guy into a chokehold.

Tony called the spar off and congratulated them. "Good job, you two." Even though Riley barely did anything, she was still exhausted. Tony left Riley no clue of what one of his friends she would be fighting next. He let her take a ten-minute break and then Natasha came out wearing an outfit resembling the woman Riley hurt the other night. 

"You can't be serious right now," Riley said, looking over at her dad, rolling her eyes.

"You are going to have to be ready whenever she comes up again," Tony said, crossing his arms. 

Natasha walked over to the center of the mat and then said, "Plus, I wanted to dress up. It seemed fun."

Riley laughed. Out of the Avengers, Natasha was probably one of her favorites. "Still, this is so not fair. She's like way better than me," Riley said, sighing.

"That's the point, kiddo," Natasha said. "Your dad specifically asked me to do this because it will help you learn from your mistakes."

Riley groaned. Last time she fought Natasha it didn't end too well and she knocked her down with one blow. But that was last year. Hopefully, she improved a little bit. Riley got up from her spot on the bench and made her way to the middle of the mat. Going from a bodyguard to the Black Widow was a completely different and more challenging request. And she was NOT looking forward to it.

Riley and Natasha were in ready position. This round was going to be harder than the last but to her surprise, Natasha actually helped her and gave her tips on where to punch and dodge. 

The first punch was hard and quick towards her face but Riley dodged it by a centimeter. "Good."

Riley made the next punch, aiming for an uppercut to her jaw. She quickly blocked it, pushing her fist down, before turning Riley and pulling her arm behind her back. "Don't go for the face after they go for the face. Always switch up your moves."