Chapter One

I woke up this morning to hear dad singing in the shower. He was singing one of his older songs from his Wham! days. I think it was I'm Your Man or something catchy like that. He always sang in the shower. I didn't mind because he had such an amazing voice. Growing up with dad was the best experience ever. He took me around the world and well what can I say. Dad was a really great guy. So we always had fun. I got out of bed once I heard the shower shut off. I went into his room before he got out. I walked in to see Fadi laying on the bed. "What are you doing up so early?" I rolled my eyes. "Why does it matter? I just want to see dad like I do every morning. Got a problem?" He smirked as he rolled his eyes at me. Dad came out with a towel wrapped around his waist, and one on his head. He always took care of his hair. So I wasn't surprised to see one on his head. "What are you two arguing about now? I can hear you ya know." "Well he questioned why I was in here. So I told him. I come in here every morning to see you." "Oh you two need to get along better." I loved the smooth accent of his. "Dad we get along fine, but sometimes he doesn't agree with me being here." Dad shook his head at me. "Well you're my little girl so you're always welcome in here to see daddy. Don't mind what he says." I looked over to him and stuck my tongue out. "Dad can we not go out today. I know you wanted to but I feel very nervous." He kinda frowned. "Well I was gonna take you to the shopping center to pick out some new clothes." I felt bad. "Oh dad, I'm sorry." I felt the tears form. I sat on his bed. "It's okay baby. Nothing to be sorry for." I crawled up further onto his bed. "Dad we can go out. I feel bad." "Are you sure we don't have to." "We can go. I was being foolish." He was getting ready in between our conversation. "Your not being foolish. Your illnesses aren't foolish. So how bout you get dressed and meet me down in the lounge." "Okay dad. I will do that."  I obeyed him and went into my room again. I sat down on my bed and cried a bit some. I got dressed quickly though. I had to regroup before heading down the the living room area. 

I finally made it down there. I saw dad looking handsome as ever and Fadi not looking too bad himself. I looked disgusting. "Darling are you alright? You look as if you had been crying." "No I wasn't. I'm fine dad I promise." "You're not thinking about your mother again are you?" I hated when he brought her up. He knew how much I despised her for leaving us alone. She wasn't a very nice woman either. "No dad I wasn't. She does upset me, but I wasn't thinking of her today. Please don't bring her up. You know how she makes me feel." He smiled and rubbed my back a bit. "I'm sorry babe. I forgot. Let's go to the center and we'll have lunch too." I grabbed my shoes and a sweater. "Sam it's not that cold outside. Why are you wearing a jacket?" I wasn't ready to deal with his bullshit. "Leave me alone please. I want to wear a jacket." Dad locked the door as we stood on the porch. "If you're gonna give this much attitude you can sit in the trunk." Dad wasn't having much of our argument. "Please behave. You are acting like a child Fad, now please I am begging you to be normal in public." He scoffed. "Well to be fair she started it." I rolled my eyes and took the car keys from dad. "You can't drive my love." "I know dad I just want to get into the car." He smiled at me as I was walking backwards to the car. Everyone finally got settled into the car. We were off to the center in no time. 

We got there in a jiffy. Dad opened the door for me and helped me out. "Now love I don't know if there's any camera guys here, so please don't freak out. I will warn you if I see any." I was getting more nervous. "Dad there's some in the bushes I can see them." He sighed. "Alright well let's get in quick okay. Once we're in the crowd they won't be able to find us."  Fadi was just standing there tapping his foot. "George they're already snapping photo's. So let's get going." Dad agreed and we quickly went into the shopping center. We were in there for a while and got some clothes and some more underwear for me. I got some clothes too, but chose limited items. Around lunch time I noticed the paparazzi were gathering in quite the bunch. We were sitting at the table eating when they got a bit closer. I put my hand on dad's arm, stopping him from taking his next bite. "Is something bothering you?" "Dad they're closer and there's more of them. Can I go to the car?" He looked around and saw them. "I need to use the restroom, so can you please wait here with him?" I took a deep breath. "I can try to." He kissed my forehead. "Okay you two behave and stay here. I'll be five minutes or so." We both nodded. Dad then took off to go use the bathroom.