Chapter Five

There were many things going on in my mind at this point. The fact that we were far away from home was one, and that we left uncle David behind to watch the dog was also eating at my mind. Nothing has changed in the month that has passed by. We forgot about my suicide attempt like it was nothing, pushed mum's coke addiction away, and ignored the fact that papa was still with us. I said I needed him and so he stayed. Dad or anyone else didn't mind.

Aunt Iman hasn't come back from her said fashion trip. That has really hurt David. That's why I didn't think he should have stayed home by himself. He has been more depressed lately. Mum hasn't gotten better either. She's on her lowest peak yet. She's almost overdosed three times this month. Once last month and we had to find out from the hospital. I went and saw her all three times. I don't know if it meant anything to her, but I hoped it did.

The twins are still with Bill and Tammy. Especially since they were in her care when she almost overdosed. I think she overdosed but dad won't tell me the full hindsight. He claims it will only hurt me so I don't need to know. Speaking of the twins, they're getting so big and are so adorable. I see them every now and then.

I went back to school for a bit. That didn't help me at all. I mean the learning part and being with Uncle Bill helped, but the bullies didn't. I was tormented by everyone. Kim and I would have to eat in the bathroom together, in a stall because the kids were that mean. They almost beat us up on numerous occasions. We would hide on our spares, and when we weren't there we'd be in a back corner of a classroom hiding. It's not the most pleasant thing we've endured. Especially since we had two or more burritos and milkshakes thrown at us the other day. So school has been awful.

We were sitting in a concert hall thing. Dad was rehearsing for his last show. He was only playing here for a week. Since his health wasn't the best. The fans still loved it. They came to every single show and were never disappointed. I know I wasn't. I got to sing a few with dad and they literally exploded in their seats, and it was amazing. That felt like the moment at the CMT's where I sang with Shania and everyone lost it. That's how that felt. Dad was such a different person on stage than he was at home. But it was okay because he never was too personal out in public events such as shows because of the media.

~

The final show was amazing. Everyone loved it and loved dad's performances. I was glad they did. We went to a sit in joint to eat before going home. I was exhausted so I just had something to drink. I was confused when my phone began to ring. No one usually called me. Not at ten thirty at night. So I answered it. "Hello?" It was David. "Hi sweetie, I just wanted to call you to say Abby misses you and I love you." "Hold on a second I'm gonna go to a quieter place." "Okay honey." I excused myself from the table and went to the ladies room. "Okay I'm in a stall where it's more quieter. Is everything okay?" "Yeah everything's just great." He sounded a little like Tony the Tiger and drunk. "Are you drunk?" "Oh no I'm just finishing my bottle of cola." "Rum and cola? I'm assuming that's what you're talking about." He now sounded upset. "Yeah I guess. When are you and dad coming home? I miss you guys a lot." I felt my heart ache. "Oh uncle David, I'm sorry about that. I miss you a lot too. You should have came here with us. I know it would be a little awkward, but I think we could have managed." "Yeah I guess I should have come. Abby would have been alone then. I love you." "I love you too, and dad offered to take her with us. Please be safe." "Oh I am being safe. Just sitting on the couch watching the tele." I then got a text. Dad said it was time to go so I exited the stall, then went back to the table. "I gotta go okay. I'll call you when we get home." He didn't like that idea. "No please don't hang up on me. I love you so much." We started walking out. "We can video call when I get home to papa's." "I know but I just wanna hear your beautiful voice. Please don't leave me. Emily left, Iman left, and I can't lose you." I felt a sadness pour over me as I got seated in the car. Dad looked over to me. "Who are you on the phone with?" I covered the phone. "Uncle David he's a little tipsy." He nodded. "Sorry David, I was speaking to dad. In a few days we'll be home again to see you. Just remember that. I love you so much and would never leave you." He started crying. "How come everyone else has? You're the true one." "Daddy never has and nor will uncle Bill. Please remember that." "Maggie left me too. She's gone we're all gone." He wasn't making any sense now. We also just had pulled into the driveway when he started bawling even more.