Chapter Four

1 Month Later

Christmas was great. We had everyone over for lunch and had the best time ever. New years however was far from being great. It was kind of awkward actually. Everyone but myself was drunk. I had to clean up a lot of vomit which was awful. I didn't mind it though because they were all asleep before midnight. So I watched the special in silence. Very weird and odd for New Years eve, but I was okay with it. 

School hasn't started back up yet, but we called and made an arrangement. I could go back when I was ready. I was being sent a shit load of work. As long as I completed it and handed the assignments in at the end of each week I was on my way to graduate. I was glad though. I hated being in that school. I didn't have many friends, but the ones I had were very loyal and amazing people. 

Dad was doing okay and he got his cast off. I've had more asthma attacks, but we've gotten a handle on them. The doctor said stress could trigger it or even just the change of the temperature. So I had to be cautious in the cold. Abby has been a bit more laid back too. She still is by my side every waking moment. She gets me. I sometimes tell her my secrets. She doesn't tell them to everyone. I loved her for that reason. 

Uncle David has been with is for well over a month. Auntie Iman hasn't come back yet. We still have no idea where she went. David told us she went out for some fashion stuff but between you and me I think she's on a break. She has spoken to him briefly on occasion and is always upsetting him. They won't stop talking about Em. I think that broke them. Even Duncan thinks so. He came over the holidays to see us. I'm his "favourite" cousin according to him. I think he says that to make me feel better. I don't really mind that's for sure. 

Today we were at the doctor's office. I was supposed to gain weight. I knew I didn't. Dad wasn't in the know. He didn't know I lost another five pounds. I was trying my best to gain weight. I even started eating better. Dad was so proud of me. He wasn't going to be when he found out I lost weight. "Mr Panayiotou we're ready for you both now. Follow us over here." Dad and I got up and followed the nurse. "Sammy you going to be okay? I know you don't like the doctors very much." "Dad I'm gonna be okay." We stopped talking when the doctor came in. "Hello you two. How's everything?" Dad answered for me, well for the both of us. "So are you ready for the big weigh in today? That goes for both of you, and also I have to give you a shot." I looked at dad. "You never told me about that." Dad and Dr. Green laughed. "Well there's never a dull moment here." I stepped down off the bed. "Dad can you go first? I'm too nervous." "Oh come on now. Don't be silly go up there." I just gave him this look. "Fine I will." I took my shoes off, then stepped on the scale. "Wow you're losing weight. How much have you lost since the last visit?" I turned away to see dad's face. "Um how much did I weigh three months ago?" "One thirty, and now you're eighty two. Do the math darling." Dad spoke up. "She's lost forty eight pounds in three months? What the hell?" Dr. Green sighed. "Has she been eating?" "Everyday doc, I swear to god we feed her." "Has she been keeping it down?" They both turned to me. I wasn't paying attention now. "What? I keep it down to my best abilities." Dad moved me aside to weigh himself. "Well you've lost some weight too George. Not a tremendous amount, but it's not bad. Good for you. Now I have a few questions for you both." I sat back up on the table thing. "My first one is for you Sammy. Why have you been losing weight? You were a healthy little girl." Of course throw me on the spotlight. "Um because I was fat. Now pay more attention to dad. He's bee having seizures." He chuckled as he listened to my heart. "Darling your father has them when he's anxious. He and I have already had a chat about that. He'll be fine. Breathe in for me." I took a deep breath. "And out. Good, now please lay down." I was confused a bit. "No why? I'm not doing that. I have to go now." Dad came over. "Sammy it'll be fine." The doctor pulled out the needle from his pocket. "Oh hell no! Get that away from me."