Chapter Seven

It's been a little less over a month now. Letter's five or six have yet to arrive. I'm starting to worry if this anonymous sender has heard about her case being a murder. I'm just hoping that whoever it is can send me them before they get too antsy or whatever. We've been taking it easy since then. Papa is still here, and sometimes I wish at times he wasn't. He can be an asshole at times. We haven't been able to cremate mum yet since they still need her for evidence. Which kind of sucks because I just want to lay her to rest. We were told we'd have to at least wait til the end of the month to get a hold of her. Kinda gross if you think about it, but who knows. 

I've been back to school every so often just to get away from some of papa's chaotic behaviors when he's drunk. It hasn't been easy for me at school either. With the word of my mother's death around people are quick to turn heads and make fun of me when I'm walking down the halls. They think her death is absolutely hilarious. They even told me she had what was coming. It was pretty awful to be honest with you. I hated the whole time I was back at school. I was non-stop made fun of and there was once a time where they beat me up in the parking lot before dad came to pick me up. It wasn't the greatest experience trying to tell dad why they beat me up. I mean I didn't even know. So he decided I should maybe stay home and do home schooling again for a while. I was on top of that boat real quick. 

This week was a little quiet for the house hold. Dad was sick and so was David. Fadi and I have had the t.v. to ourselves for three days now. Papa usually watches television upstairs. So we were safe to watch our celeb drama shows. Today was a little different. Dad wanted me to watch t.v. in their room with him. Now when dad was sick he became the biggest baby out there. He hated being sick and so did I. Something we both have in common. I decided that I was going to watch the tele in there with him so he didn't get upset if I didn't. 

I got up around ten to go watch t.v. with him. I made sure he was decent before I came in. "Good morning dad. I brought you some tea." He was half sitting up. "Oh thank you baby. How was your sleep." He sniffled. "My sleep was fine. I also brought you some more tissues cause you said you ran out last night. How are you feeling?" I sat on the other side of the bed, so Fadi's side basically. "Thank you darling, and I am still feeling a little under the weather. Come over here and get under the blankets I'm freezing." "But you're sick and I could catch it and it would be a never ending cycle of sickness." He gave me those puppy dog eyes you couldn't resist. "Okay fine I'll come over there." He got all cheery again. "Forrest is on the tele, I thought you'd like to watch it." Why would dad even ask that? He knew I loved Forrest Gump. So I would never decline the offer. "Duh of course daddio. You know I love Gump." "I suppose you're right. I had it paused for you." I smiled. I loved Forrest Gump.

That movie was pretty long and great if you asked me. Dad had still managed to stay awake for the duration of the film. Which was a surprise because at times he looked as if he were about to pass out. Papa came into the room once the movie was finished. "Hey kiddo I brought this up for you to eat. I figured you might be hungry. So I brought you something from the kitchen." I grabbed the thing he handed me. "Thanks, is David doing okay?" "Fadi said he was fine, but he hasn't been out of his room for maybe two and a half days now. Maybe you should go check on him in a bit. I need to talk with dad so maybe now is the time." I got the hint that it was a private matter. So I went to David's room. I knocked and heard the very low come in. I opened the door and noticed it was very dark, well everything except for the television. 

I walked over to his bed and sat on the edge. "Are you okay D? They're worried about you." He motioned for me to come closer to him. I scooted up closer to him. "I am a bit better now. Just a little bit sick, but that's like everyone else here." I gave him a weird look. "I'm not sick nor is Fadi and Papa. Just you and dad are. Did you want some of this yogurt to eat? You haven't come out in two days." He smiled. "I have but no one has noticed. You were in bed or downstairs in the lounge. Dad was in his room being sick, which I am not sick like he is. I was sick in a slightly different way. But I will have some of this. Thank you for caring about me." "No problemo David, but you know everyone cares right. Papa kicked me out and told me to go see you. Which I have been wanting to for the past two days but you know me when people are sick, and I also thought you needed or wanted a little space. You and dad are very different when ill. So I thought you'd enjoy a little alone time." He ruffled my hair and pulled me in for a hug. "I hate being alone darling. It's awful, and I wished you had come in here but I didn't want to bug you since dad was calling for you like every twenty minutes. I'm glad you came in today. I missed my little bean." "I missed you too. What are you watching on the tele?" He chuckled. "Just an old Steve Reeves movie." "Are you for real or quoting Rocky Horror?" "No gosh no, but I am watching the Rocky Horror one. Fantastic singing by Mr. Curry I shall say." He was right. I liked that movie too. I was kinda upset I missed that one. He sniffed a few times. "Oh darling could you pass me a few tissues my nose is bleeding?" I handed him a few and rested the box on the bed. "Do you want me to turn on the light." "No please don't. I'm very sensitive to the light. I'll be fine." When the t.v. flashed at us from the movie I could see his other eye was very dilated. More than the other one which was permanently dilated. "David is something wrong? You seem to be a little off." "Oh no, not me. I'm perfect dear." I saw the door open. "You wanna come in the room with dad and I? We need to chat." My heart dropped into my stomach. I told David I'd be back.