Chapter Eleven

Three months later

I've officially become cancer free. It was the best thing to hear last month. Marlon, Sadie and Dakota are growing fast. Now since I'm eighteen I have three children in my custody. I'm legal guardians for all three of them. Even though two are my siblings, but it was written in mama's will that I did this, so I had no other choice. I didn't mind though. The only weird thing was that they have been calling me mama. I didn't know how to feel about that so I let it go. People when we go outside always stare at us. I didn't care, but at the same time I did. I had a three month old, then two ten month old's. People claim that I couldn't have them and I told'em it's none of their business. So they leave me alone. Marlon was a very happy baby. He never stopped giggling. He was always smiling and never cried unless he meant it. So it was usually when he was hungry. Or when he needed a bum change, but that's what every baby does.

Today was a different day. Dad planned for us to go to the grocery store. It wasn't the best thing for me since I was still struggling with my weight, and drug use. I think both of those would contribute to each other. They don't know about the drug use, but they still know about the weight issue. David thinks I've stopped using, so he has left me alone. Papa has quit drinking so heavily, and dad has been kinda been on and off with it. Three babies in the house has put a little bit more stress on him. I didn't let him help out since he was stressed out. He always wanted to, but I told him he needed to take it easier since he was having a few seizures a week. Since then he cooled down.

I woke up this morning with Abby in my bed along with Sadie and Dakota. Marlon was in his crib sound asleep. I was hit in the face with a few baby blocks. I knew who the culprit was. I turned on my lamp. "Sadie Rosalina Marie knock it off. Mommy will take those away." I saw papa turn over on the couch. "Sam, you're not her mother. Lay down and go back to sleep. It's only five." "Papa that's okay, and I'm her mother just as much as mama was. They're my responsibility now, so they're my babies. And I am not going back to bed since they're already awake." "Correction, only little miss Sadie is awake. Maybe she'd be asleep if you put them in their play pin." "Papa how am I supposed to know if they're gonna be okay. What if they need me?" "That's what getting out of bed is for. They're gonna be like you with dad. You're gonna regret this." "Papa I'm not, and why are you even in here?" "Your father wanted me to watch over yous. Said he heard you upset earlier. You okay?" "I was upset earlier cause of something I saw on the internet. Also cause, come here." He came onto the bed. "I'mma put these munchkins in their play pin's. Hold on baby." He took the twins and placed them down. They didn't care too much. He came back to my bed and laid down. I pulled some covers over him. "Thanks babe, now what were you trying to say?" "I over heard daddy talkin' on the phone with someone about Fadi being out of jail, and how he wants to see his baby. I don't want him to see him." "Sammy, trust me on this one. Fadi will never see that baby. Now I ain't supposed to tell you this, but he is out of jail. We were warned he might show up here in the next few days or so to gather his belongings, but daddy won't let him in here. Right now we're gonna go back to sleep. I want you to get some rest before we head out to go clothes shopping for the kids." "I can't sleep papa." I felt something pour from my nose. "Hold on, your nose is bleeding." He held a tissue to my nose. I tried not to fall asleep with him there. I must have been tired.

I woke up to the sound of Marlon crying. I saw no one was in here except for him and I. Papa must have taken the twins. I got up and picked him out of the crib. He stopped crying once I changed him. I placed him on the middle of my bed so I could go snort a line. I was in my closet when I heard a knock. "Hold on I'm getting an outfit for the day." "Baby it's just me. I need an outfit for the twins." I quickly put everything away, then grabbed some clothes. I opened the door to see dad standing there. He was holding my son. "Dad here's the clothes for Dakota and Sadie, and now give me my son." I was already dressed. "Is that another cut on your wrist?" "Yes daddy, now let go and give him to me." "Come to the lounge. We can change the kids together. Are you alright?" I nodded. "Yes I'm fine, but I'd be better if you gave me my son." "When we get down there okay." I finally agreed so I could get him. Abby followed us downstairs. When we got down there I saw David and Papa. They were laying on the ground, playing with something. I sat down so dad could pass me Marlon. I sniffed a bit, and it caught David's attention. "Sam look at me for a moment." I turned to him. "Are you high?" "No I'm tired. Now let me change my son." He shrugged it off. I knew he was onto something. David was always onto something with me. See he payed more attention to things like that as apposed to dad who was clueless to things, also very oblivious. David knew I was high, but he wasn't going to say anything. Dad thought nothing of it. He was too busy changing one of the twins. "You ready to go?" "Yeah I am. I've got them in the right things." He helped me off the couch. "I see you already have shoes on. I guess you are ready to go to the car. Are you putting a blanket over the car seat? Just so the paps don't see him." "Dad they've already seen him. He's on my social media pages, but it's cold out so I will do so." Dad just laughed as I struggled to do so. I eventually got it. Then we went to the car.