The battles

Chaos and I were standing in a VIP booth type thing at the arena. People filled the stands, deafening cheers for love one or friends filling the air. We had over a hundred participants, luckily and even number. There were 100 people in the arena at the moment. Fifty on each side. They had been assigned a partner, and were eying each other.

     "Attention!" Chaos yelled. It was silent instantly.

     "As you know, you are fighting for a position in my army, run by the commander!" Cheers rang through the crowd. Once it had died down Chaos continued.

     "The last five remaining shall earn a position in my army, and those who fall shall be resurrected, for they were trying to earn a place working for me, so it wouldn't be fair if they died." Cheers once more rang through the audience.  "Now begin!"

     Most of them charged each other but a few stayed behind. People fell very quickly, leaving half of them behind.  They smiled at each other triumphantly, though some looked disgusted at the arrogance. There was one person who caught my eye in particular. She looked familiar. She was wearing a pure white cloak and was leaning on a sword. I couldn't make out the color of her eyes from afar, but they looked brown. She had long black curly hair and looked like a- Ara! It's Ara!

     "Uh Chaos?" I asked.

     "Yeah?" He asked.

      "Ara, my partner is down there, and I can't see my daughter... can I go-"

      "Daughter?" Chaos asked.

      "She had an abusive father and we rescued her. Ara, my partner, is posing as an aunt." I explained.

     "Ah. Yeah, you may go." He said. I mist traveled in front of her, and she smiled smugly. Everyone was silent, staring at us.

     "What's up?" I asked. Then she slapped me. Hard.

     "Ten years, Odite. Ten years." She said, shaking a finger at me. I rubbed my cheek.

    "I probably deserved that. Where's Aria?" I asked. I realized our voices were in speaker.

    "Daddy!" I heard a voice yell. I spun around and saw a twenty-two year old Aria dodging guards and running at me. She jumped into my arms and I chuckled.

     "I missed you." She whispered.

     "As did I. And of course you did. I'm just that cool. I don't know how you survived with your aunt over here." I gestured to Ara and she slapped my head. I laughed and hugged Aria one last time.

      "Wait! One more thing!" Aria said.

      "Yeah?" I asked. She kneed me in the gut, and I let out a restrained laugh.

      "Probably deserved that as well..." I chuckled.

      "Well, I'll catch up later. Good luck Ara." I kissed Aria on the cheek.

      "Alright, you should get out of here. By the way I see you were trained well?" I said, gesturing to the guards.

     She chuckled nervously. "Well, after ten years I finally get to see you in person. I'm not going to ask nicely." She grinned and I laughed.

     "Well, I have to go. Ara, fight well, and Aria, wait hold on."

     I traveled to a grinning Chaos. "You got beat up." He said, grinning widely.

     "Whatever. Anyway, do you think that they could stay with me?" I asked.

     "I'll consider them already in the army. I can see Aria got some practice, having her dad and 'aunt' be assassins." Chaos said.