Sticy (Sting x Lucy) • Bickering Blondes

"Mine is 'blonder'!"

"'Blonder' isn't even a word!!"

"Who cares? Mine is obviously more blonde!"

"It is not! Mine is!"

"Yours isn't even blonde! It's golden!"

"Are you saying my hair is pretty like gold?" Blush.

"No! Of course not!" Blush. "It's ugly!" Regret.

"...My hair is ugly?..." Tear.

"That's not what I meant! I meant..." Panic.

Lucy didn't let him finish. She was out the door in a flash. The guild was left staring worriedly at the door. Including Sting, who besides being worried, felt really guilty. 'It's your fault...' his mind told him.

Suddenly, he felt a strong whack on the back of his head. He turned around and came face-to-chest with Elfman, with Mira behind him shaking her head in disappointment.

"What are you waiting for?! You know how self-conscious she is!!! Go after her! She's your girlfriend, isn't she?!" Mira yelled.

He didn't need to be told twice. He was out the door before Jet could say 'Levy-chan'. He ran and ran and ran until he found himself in front of her apartment.

Knock. No answer.

Another knock. No answer.

Strong Knock. Door meets floor.

"Oops..."

Ignoring the door, he found his way to her bedroom. What he saw there broke his heart.

Lucy was in fetal position on her bed. She was crying into her pillow, which was in her arms. She didn't even hear him. That much was obvious by the way she jumped ten feet in the air when he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Sting? What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice raspy and weak.

The said boy took a deep breath in and declared:

"I love your hair. I love it. Your hair is gold like the sun, like gold. Which is ironic, because you're the sun of my life. The ray of light in the darkness of my heart. I love you... I love you, Lucy."

By now, both of them were blushing furiously. Lucy was the first to compose herself. She jumped into his arms and kissed him. Then she said:

"I love you too, Sting."

And that was the end of their fight...

"But my hair is still more blonde..." Sting whispered.

"No, it's not! Mine is!"

Apparently, not.