Chapter Seven

I feel like a prisoner waking up in the bedroom. Although it is very nice and cozy, it's still not mine, and not home, so I feel out of place. I stare at the wall. I can hear birds chirping outside the window and child's laughter out in the front. I wish times were simpler. Not even before I knew about Damien. Before I was homeless. If not for Damien, I wouldn't have what I had back home.

I pull the blanket off my body and trudge into the bathroom. My unruly red hair is a birds nest. It looks like my hair is losing hope too. I grab one of the complimentary white towels along with the small bar of soap in the bathroom and stripped out of the dress. I ran out of dresses in my sizes, so I'm starting to wear the ones that are too big for me and I feel like my younger self dressing up in my mother's clothes. I shower and manage to use the water to my advantage to detangle my hair after a lot of finger combing and yanking knots out — which is quite painful, may I add. Once I finish using the sorry excuse of a bar of soap to clean myself, I step out of the shower and turn the water off. The only good thing about that at all was the fact that the water was actually hot. I don't have anything to hold my hair back, so I braid it off to one side and change into the same bra I've been wearing for the past couple of days and the granny panties also found in the closet. The bathroom also had free sanitary items like pads and tampons, so that was one less thing to worry about.

I sigh and look at my reflection. I look a lot better, but my breath is probably the worst aspect. There's no toothpaste at all, and I also don't have a toothbrush, so I definitely need to rob a store if I can't find cash.

My stomach growls, and I decide to head down for breakfast. They serve until 12, and I feel like I can eat a horse or two. I walk out of my room and step into the elevator. I feel so uncomfortable dragging around the huge dress, but it's all I have for now, so I'll need to find the laundry room to wash my actual clothes and reuse those. "Maids take the stairs," someone says as I press the button to the lobby.

I've just about had enough of Damien's Pack Members. I ignore the person and don't even dare to look behind me to fully asses them because I'm about to lose my mind. "I said mai-" the elevator dings and I hurry out before I lose all self-control and sock the person in the face. I walk into the dining area and see the same wooden table Damien had at the old Pack house, and it's actually relieving to have something familiar laying around.

I take one of the plates at the end of the buffet and walk through. My plate is heaped with a ton of bacon, pancakes, eggs, French toast, and also a separate cup full of hot syrup to eat with. I sit down and lick my mouth at the food. I've never been so excited to see food before.

"Excuse me." A woman taps my shoulder.

"What?" I snap my head around with bacon hanging from my mouth.

"The maids aren't allowed to eat the Pack food," she states gently.

"Look, lady, I don't have time for this. Do me a huge fuckin' favor and mind your own business," I hiss, turning back around and continuing eating.

I hear a huff and the clicking of her walking off and I grin as I continue to munch on the delicious meal. "Miss, I'm afraid you'll have to move," chimes a deep voice behind me. My temper rises, and I slam my fist on the table as I stand up and face the guard behind me. Behind him is the aggravating lady.

"For God's sake, I'm not a maid!" I scream.

"Your outfit says otherwise," he replies back with a little attitude.

"Just like your outfit is telling me you don't know how to match, but do you hear me complaining? Nooooo," I growl.

"You're going to have to leave, or I'll be using force," he warns.

I narrow my eyes, "put a single hand on me and I swear to the Lord you will regret it. Why don't you talk to Damien about it?"

The lady gasps as if I've just said the Lord's name in vain — oh, wait. "How dare you say Alpha's name in vain!" She shrieks.

By now, a crowd is starting to form and everyone is looking down at me in shame. For crying out loud!

"Ma'am, I'm asking one more time," the guard pulls out a silver blade from his pocket and I squint my eyes.

"Try me." I place my fear aside and size up to this guy. Just as he put his hand on me, the phone rings and he freezes with his hand just barely reaching my arm. The tension in the air so thick it's getting hard to breathe, and I can hear my own heart racing.

The guard gives me a look, then turns around to answer the phone. He picks it up, and answers, "This is Tre." He starts to grumble to the phone about the situation at hand, then looks at me menacingly. I look up at the ceiling to avoid eye contact with him and the surrounding people. When he becomes silent, I look down to see his face is completely red and he clears his throat, "well, I-I was only going to do it because she-" he gets cut off, and turns as red as a tomato. I can't help but grin at how embarrassed he is. "Yes, Alpha," he whispers.

My ears perk up, and I immediately run toward the phone. "Damien! Damien answer me right now!" I ignore everyone else and shove the guard away with as much strength, but he only stumbled back a couple steps since I took him off guard. "Damien, I'm being serious right now. If you don't reply I'll shove my foot so far up your-" beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I drop the phone and stare it shaking in anger. The asshole hung up on me! I grab the phone and pull it out the wall and smash it on the ground. There's a collective gasp around me and I start to kick the phone and bang the receiver on the table.

"L! L, stop!" Someone wraps their arms around me so that I can't move and I start to thrash in their arms violently.

"Let me go!" I shout.

"Not until you calm down. It's me, Lane." At the mention of his name, I find myself taking in breaths and settling down. I continue to stare at the ground without looking up because I feel eyes all trained on me.

"Why is he doing this?" I question, and I feel tears sting my eyes. I try to blink them back, but my emotions are getting the best of me. "Why does he always do this to me?" I sob and Lane tells everyone to leave the room.

"L, relax, alright?" He lets go of me but I remain stoic and let the tears fall on the floor. The stomping out the room finally stops, and I hear the door close, so it's just me and Lane in the room.

I wipe my tears and sit back on one of the chairs. "I'm sorry you have to go through this," he gently replies. I sigh and wipe my eyes.

"Why did you call me L?" I ask.

"Code name. I don't want to use your real name."

I shake my head, "tell Damien that if he doesn't do something about this I'll tell everyone in this entire world who I am."