Chapter Fifteen

I gasp, "will I what?"

Damien shrugs, "just a question."

I stare at him in disbelief. "What the hell do you mean will I marry you?"

"Not now, but in due time." In due time for him probably means as soon as we land.

"No." I fold my arms and relax back in the seat. I feel like he asked me that to get a reaction out of me. I can't determine if I reacted the way he expected me to.

"That's unfortunate," he grumbles. "I don't know how to be romantic," he frowns.

I gawk at him, "you don't ask me to marry you this suddenly, Damien! And especially not when I'm mad at you." He looks unsatisfied with being rejected.

"We just made love, Lena. That was definitely different than any other time I've had sex with any woman ever," he sounds pleased with himself.

"I know what you mean," I agree. "That was definitely different than other times." Damien smirks in my direction. I can't believe I just fed into his already inflated ego. I roll my eyes, "shut up."

"I didn't say anything," he gives me that condescending look. I hate it.

"You don't have to," I mutter. I whirl around and decide to explore the jet. I'm not surprised Damien has a private jet up his sleeve. At this point, what won't he have? I open the first door and see a bed. I delightfully walk over to it and lay down on it. "This is amazing," I whisper as I roll around in the cushiness of the bed. I find my eyes drooping shut, and before I know it, I'm asleep on the softest bed I've ever laid in.

___

Someone shakes me. "Your Majesty, we've arrived." I shrug the person away from me and groan. "Your majesty," the voice is more firm this time.

"Go away," I mutter.

"Your —" the person stops and I hear their feet walking away. I grin in the sheets and go back to sleep.

All of a sudden, a shock racks my body. There's a loud honking sound in my ears, causing me to shoot up from the bed. The honking stops and I focus on my surroundings. There's a short old man with a horn in his hand at the foot of the bed. He has on a suit and looks groomed well. The top of his head is balding as well. "I apologize for the inconvenience, m'lady, but you've arrived to The Palace of Corinthia." I hear an unfamiliar accent laced in his words, similar to Damien's.

"Where Damien?" I asses him again. He looks like what I imagine a butler to look like, but much shorter.

"Discussing affairs with Regiis Bigas, in English that is the Royal Lineup. They are to be his trusted advisors and team to assist him in ruling. My name is Bach, m'lady, and I will be your trusted butler. Anything that you or The King wishes, just ask me and you shall receive as long as it is within my physical and logical limits."

"Hi, Bach," I let out.

"Good evening to you, madam. The King has requested that I escort you to the room in which you'll be staying. Please, follow me," he leads me out of the jet. I can't help but gasp in astonishment at the scene before me. In front of me is a garden with a large fountain in the middle. I can see myself coming back down here. Behind us, the jet is on an elevated launch pad. The garden is so astoundingly beautiful I wonder if Damien noticed when he disembarked. The palace itself is just as astonishing. The archaic architecture gives it a a Victorian look. I've never been in a palace before, but from the view outside, I think I'll enjoy it.

"Her name is Dommum Corinthia, which is Latin for Palace of Corinthia. We couldn't land in front because of the crowd. Everyone is eager to meet the first Lycan ruler." Bach himself sounds excited when he mentions Damien.