Ch-6 Digging up a dead friend's words

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                   - Aameen.

Dedicated to Nasleen Salie 'cause she wondered aloud! ;)

Chapter Six

Digging up a dead friend's words

London, U.K.

"Thank you man, that was excellent!" Wilson said with a content sigh, slightly wiping his mouth with a crisp napkin.

Alex nodded as they both seated upon the plush sofa in his large living room where the heavy, velvet curtains were pushed aside from the huge glass doors revealing a magnificent night view of London.

"You know looking at all of this," Wilson began, sweeping his hand around the luxurious room in a careless gesture. "Some may envy your home, some that wonderful dinner or some your excellent servants but if I was somebody, what do you think l will envy?"

"I am not getting caught in your games." Alex smiled slightly, shaking his gleaming chestnut head.

Wilson grinned back. "Becoming wise huh? If I was somebody I will envy a friend like you!"

Alex laughed. "I figured the answer would be something like that."

"No its true Alex, you are a great host. It is a delight to eat with you!"

"Ah ask George about my hosting qualities."

"Oh poor George, he did so wanted to join us. But I guess he was already fixed somewhere with some modelling Bigwig."

"So did you see my mail, chose any particular place yet?" Wilson asked, looking casually at his friend. Yet his glance took in Alex's every single movement.

Alex shrugged. "I was busy."

"Yeah I know, that is why someone did not go to the hospital too." Wilson remarked dryly.

"It was you who wanted me to take a break." Alex replied back a little stiffly.

"I am honoured to know that my wishes were respected but taking a break man, does not mean shutting yourself at home and brooding about the past or going through all that." Wilson said grimly, indicating with his head towards the heap of CDs lying in a confused mass upon a glass table nearby the huge Home theatre. Wilson knew in a glance that they all contained the photos and videos taken during their school and college life.

As Alex did not reply, Wilson sighed.

"So will you do as I say? Just this one time Alex, I give you my word I won't trouble you after that."

Alex shook his head, his eyes slipping back to their icy look.

"Leave me be Wil, I am okay." His voice was bleak and cold.

"God da** man! You are not okay! Why can't you listen to me just one single da** time? I have been asking you to let go since the whole last year and it seems you are just doing the opposite. And I think now I know why you are not letting it, not letting his death go, I think you take a gruesome delight in nursing all those wounds, those... "