Ch-12 Costa Atlantica, the Ship of Destiny!

• Dedicated to You!

                In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      -Aameen.

Dedicated to you my dear reader, for your amazing awesomeness ;)

Chapter Twelve

Costa Atlantica, the Ship of Destiny! 

Minnesota, U.S.A.

“Maryam, Maryam sweetheart you have a mail!” Sufyaan’s voice called as he mounted up the stairs to his daughter’s room. 

It had been two weeks since the wonderful night of reconciliation and the way both understood and behaved towards each other now would make one swear that it was impossible to believe such a deep breach had been there between them only a month before.

Sufyaan found his daughter sitting on the carpet working on her laptop in the midst of a clutter of stationery stuff while beside her lay open a large sketchbook in which she added something from time to time. Upon his entrance, she looked up yawning and smiled while she stretched.

Smiling back, Sufyaan handed her the long, slim envelope as he took a seat upon the nearby bed.

Still yawning, Maryam took it with one hand while with the other she gave Sufyaan her sketchbook and indicated at the open page.

“What do you think of this Abba?”

It was Saturday noon and she had been working on her sketches since morning. Looking at the mail, Maryam remembered another letter that she had received. From her mother. A letter which she had read feeling cold and neglected, the same emotions she had always felt from Sally. Yet, in a way, the letter was heartbreaking too. Initially, she had been furious learning what her mother had done, scheming to separate Sufyaan from his own daughter. But upon sharing it with her father, she tried to understand how he had put up with this psychologically disturbed woman for so many years. And in the end, Maryam tried to forgive, even if she couldn't forget the intense hurt of all these years.

Sufyaan slightly frowned scrutinizing her sketch and finally said after some moments,

“Good, but dearest I think it would be better if you added that fur thing around the shoulders like you did in your previous one. It is, it is…”

Maryam laughed exclaiming,

“Oh, Abba, this is a summer creation and I cannot…”

“But child, there are no sleeves and the back is...!”

“Alright, alright,” Maryam pacified him taking back the book and making a few changes. “Are you satisfied now?”

Sufyaan looked at it again and nodded grudgingly.

“Short sleeves huh? But why is it they look like that?”

“They are transparent.” Maryam said, twinkling mischievously.  

Sufyaan scowled but grinned upon catching the twinkle in her eyes.

“Teasing your old father?”

Maryam giggled wrapping an arm around his legs and resting her forehead on his knees. 

“You know Abba you made so many changes to my previous designs that when I submitted them I was sure of a rejection but it was not only approved, they even complimented saying that my designs were ‘refreshing’ and I hope now when I submit my latest thing they say that it is enchanting!”